Plans to upgrade? - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Engine & Drivetrain

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #1
Andrew

Default Plans to upgrade?

Who here has plans to upgrade and mod their engine when parts start to become available? Anyone?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Laura H

I would if mods come out on my EOS.
I think the chrome mirrors like the Audis would suit the eos
Laura H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Who here has plans to upgrade and mod their engine when parts start to become available? Anyone?
im waiting for my tdi sport to arrive..when it does im hoping to fit a k+n filter to it and when its ran in a bit a bluefin by superchips..this ups the nm to almost 400..its 320 standard and bhp to approx 175/80ish from 140..not cheap at 599 altho i saw one at london superchips on ebay that appeared to be 500..but it should pull like a train through the gears...
GOLDEN EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #4
Laura H

What happens to your warranty if you fit this chip?

Laura
Old 01-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura H View Post
What happens to your warranty if you fit this chip?

Laura
good question laura ..superchips say..quote..."In the unlikely event of bluefin being responsible for causing damage to your vehicle, Superchips will, under the terms and conditions of their warranty, repair your vehicle. The warranty is not intended to replace the existing manufacturer’s warranty, but will supplement the cover to include the parts deemed to be excluded by the manufacturer. Contact Superchips for full terms and conditions.."..i've used superchips before and they seem to be a quality company but it could be open to debate i suppose..the advantage of a bluefin over a standard superchip is that you can return the ecu to its original settings..if you did this after something had gone wrong so that you could call vw to say you had a problem then i suppose you may have commited a crime..i don't know..but who would know...vw now do a 170ps 2.0 tdi in the passat and golf so the engine/running gear should be able to take the extra n/m's..the chips are fully tested by superchips to make sure they are suitable for the car..this 170 may be offered in the eos in the future..of course you should also tell your insurance company you have a superchip/bluefin fitted....if you are not happy with the above then the simple advice would be do not have your car chipped..i've had 1/2 a dozen turbocharged petrol cars that have been chipped and i've never had any problems with them..they have just been a lot quicker..especially through the gears..the standard tdi is nippy enough..this just gives it an edge..
tdi sport.wheat beige.black leather.bi-xenons, lux, winter packs.6 disc changer/i-pod connection,wind deflector, multi function s/wheel with 17" westwoods..now changed to chicagos!!! and dealer fitted cruise ordered 2!!! arriving march/april..now told 2nd week of april..now end of april.. now god knows when if ever

Last edited by GOLDEN EOS; 01-13-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
Laura H

It would be nice for VW to do it....So we can continue with piece of mind with our 3 year warranty. Although it would probably be nearly 1000 knowing them.

Laura
Old 01-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
It would be nice for VW to do it....So we can continue with piece of mind with our 3 year warranty. Although it would probably be nearly 1000 knowing them.

Laura
yeh..and the rest..couldn't believe how quickly i got to 26,000..without 2zone,cruise or sat nav fitted ..and not much of a discount given..its a lot for a diesel!!..but you only live once so i thought no point spoiling the car..lol..
tdi sport.wheat beige.black leather.bi-xenons, lux, winter packs.6 disc changer/i-pod connection,wind deflector, multi function s/wheel with 17" westwoods..now changed to chicagos!!! and dealer fitted cruise ordered 2!!! arriving march/april..now told 2nd week of april..now end of april.. now god knows when if ever
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
Laura H

I have 2.0 tdi sport, vienna leather, 6 cd changer.
Cost me £24080 + me plate

I part ex'd my Golf 1.6fsi sport 05 reg with 8,000 on clock just 13 months old having broke down 5 times. VW paid abit towards my eos cos of the trouble i had. They had this car, or the money on this car for 4 months while i waited for eos.

I only had to find £12,000 when buying mine.

Last edited by Laura H; 01-14-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
I have 2.0 tdi sport, vienna leather, 6 cd changer.
Cost me 24080 + me plate

I part ex'd my Golf 1.6fsi sport 05 reg with 8,000 on clock just 13 months old having broke down 5 times. VW paid abit towards my eos cos if the trouble i had. They had this car, or the money on this car for 4 months while i waited for eos.

I only had to find 12,000 when buying mine.
thats not too bad..but still think they are overpriced..was going to get an 05 megane cc dci for abt 11-12k..then saw the eos and fell in love ..had to have one...hope its all worth it...lol
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
Laura H

Vw are over priced. A mate of mine saw and priced the Focus CC up. He said you could of had everything for alot less than you paid for that. But Vw have a better build quality than Ford and Renault although you pay for this.
I had a dodgy Golf but they are few and far between.

I like the blue and the red dials on the vw's. The Eos is the best looking I feel over the Megane, Peugeot 307cc, Vauxhall twin top and Focus cc. But maybe im biased. But it is the dearest...But you have to pay for quality I suppose
Old 01-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #11
Lynne

i think your right....you do get what you pay for and the vw's are better than others. i think the focus cc just doesn't look right!

i think the worst thing about the eos prices are the nappa leather seats though...
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #12
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
Vw are over priced. A mate of mine saw and priced the Focus CC up. He said you could of had everything for alot less than you paid for that. But Vw have a better build quality than Ford and Renault although you pay for this.
I had a dodgy Golf but they are few and far between.

I like the blue and the red dials on the vw's. The Eos is the best looking I feel over the Megane, Peugeot 307cc, Vauxhall twin top and Focus cc. But maybe im biased. But it is the dearest...But you have to pay for quality I suppose
yeh.deffo the best looking by far and the quality and residual value should make it a wise choice..looked at them all..i priced a twin top astra up and by the time i added leather ,xenons,p.d.c..etc that came to 24k+ n the quality was nowhere near as good...secondhand astras are losing money already but most eos's especially diesel seem to be selling for almost or even above list price so should be good on that score..
Old 01-14-2007, 08:36 PM   #13
Laura H

What keeps are values up though is the waiting lists. Waiting lists are great for residual values, just crap for those awaiting their new machine

Laura
Old 01-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #14
GOLDEN EOS

Quote:
What keeps are values up though is the waiting lists. Waiting lists are great for residual values, just crap for those awaiting their new machine

Laura
yeh tell me abt it..ordered mine 2nd of november..told march/april for delivery... noticed that the list price of a sport tdi went up in december to £22,630 a rise of £325 and metallic paint went up to £365 a rise of £30..glad i didnt have to pay that.. ..lol

Last edited by GOLDEN EOS; 01-14-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
chris2.0tdsg

Quote:
Hi,

I am expecting delivery of a 2.0TFSI mid february. I will have it chip tuned by ABT in Germany, under VW warranty, to 240hp/330Nm.
This as alternative to the V6, which has the disadvantage of 20 litres less boot space due to the batteries in the back.
chris2.0tdsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #16
dazzaboy2

Yeah guys,

I agree. I test drove the Megane CC, the Astra CC and the 307 CC.

Then the Eos............

Could have saved myself thousands if I hadn't test drove the Eos lol, but, by far the best of the bunch. No comparison to be honest. Even with the top of the range Focus CC coming out soon with all the gadgets I have and at a good few thousand pounds less, I still had to have the Eos.

I think it will depreciate the least as well. So all in all, it's a lot to spend when buying, but in the long run..........probably the most sensible option.

And it looks the dogs bollocks!!
dazzaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #17
Andrew

Chris, Looking forward to hearing about the chip when you get it. Please do keep us informed.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #18
neh321
Complete Carnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzaboy2 View Post
Yeah guys,

I agree. I test drove the Megane CC, the Astra CC and the 307 CC.

Then the Eos............

Could have saved myself thousands if I hadn't test drove the Eos lol, but, by far the best of the bunch. No comparison to be honest. Even with the top of the range Focus CC coming out soon with all the gadgets I have and at a good few thousand pounds less, I still had to have the Eos.

I think it will depreciate the least as well. So all in all, it's a lot to spend when buying, but in the long run..........probably the most sensible option.

And it looks the dogs bollocks!!

Fact is, the Eos is in a different league entirely. No contest. Read any road test in any magazine - "What Car?" gave the Eos 5 stars and the Astra, Peugeot and Volvo all 3. Same from "Auto Express". I'd far rather spend 26 Grand and get a good car than 20 grand on a crap one. Especially as you'll get the money back when change time comes as well.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
neh321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #19
Laura H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2.0tdsg View Post
Hi,

I am expecting delivery of a 2.0TFSI mid february. I will have it chip tuned by ABT in Germany, under VW warranty, to 240hp/330Nm.
This as alternative to the V6, which has the disadvantage of 20 litres less boot space due to the batteries in the back.
Does that mean VW will be doing this in the UK?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:02 AM   #20
chris2.0tdsg

Quote:
Does that mean VW will be doing this in the UK?

No, I am in the Netherlands. The pertinent engine managmement module will be sent to ABT in Germany, where the chip will be upgraded, and then shipped back to my dealer for assembly.

Chris
chris2.0tdsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #21
swordfish

could always get the focus cc if you like fat ars*s

HOW LONG is the rear?!?!?

Oh, and back to thread.....
Not sure if I really need more power. It spins it's wheels readily with the 200bhp and pushes me nicely into the seat, so I think I'll leave it......I do change my mind quite often tho!!

Last edited by swordfish; 02-09-2007 at 04:16 PM.
swordfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:57 PM   #22
Lynne

oh my god, I hadn't seen any pictures from the back.......that focus is truly hideous! Typical bloody ford though....get the good ideas from someone else then see how easily they manage to cock them up!
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #23
vabeachman83

Default later down the road

i would like to put some miles on it first but im going to upgrade
vabeachman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #24
codyallyn

Default I'll be getting APR chip as soon as it comes out

As soon as there's an APR chip available for the 2.0T DSG I will be getting it.
I've already put my name in the queue to be notified when it's available.

I've also put in a request for the ABT exhaust (Quad tip) as shown with their ABT body Kit.

Quote:
codyallyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:37 PM   #25
madman28

i got the super chip other day uk here on my 2.0td.600 was a bit exspensive but what the hell.also asked him about a k&n air fillter as there vw tuning specilist but he did not recomend it as oil from filter gets on air sensors and causes problems mad man over and out darn i need go back to school and learn how to spell lol see u
madman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement