Transmission - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Engine & Drivetrain

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:16 AM   #1
sheila

Default Transmission

Hello, I ordered my Eos in October 06 and picked it up on Feb 07. I had to have a new transmission put in the car in May. I also am having a problem with the car using to much oil. Is anyone else having these issues. I love the Eos and I'm hoping the issue is just with this car and if so I need to get a replacement Eos.
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 06:40 AM   #2
archiea

sorry to hear your plight....

we need new laws in this country... or wherever you guys are posting...

You buy a new car. its busted... they replace the tranny...its effectively a refurbished car, not a new car.... plus you've been inconvenienced!! so they whould either 1) get you a new car long before this becomes a drawn out drama or 2) offer you some kind of reimbursment... at least they should pay for your car payments for the duration its out (i.e 2 week, then half a car payment)... period. No arguments.. Get the damn thing working out of the factory, or get the damn car companies to spot putting shoddy components in the car while swhaving off some of the CEO's paycheck....

Sell the car as a refurb as people do with applicnaces and computers.. thereis a viable market...

I understand with products as complex as cars, things happen... What I don't get is why does the customer has to share in the R&D process.. They should immediately offer the customer the option of swapping out the car if possible or a loaner in addition to the options of working throught the process with them... but at their expense of the car payment.

If I get a shirt, and its torn, does the clerrk at macy's make me wait as they figure out how to sew up the shirt? and then do I walk around with this big sticht across the shirt? hell know.. I get a new one, they either send it out or put it on the rack with the other defective merchandise.. because thats what it is.. defective merchandise!!!
archiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
eos3

Send a message via MSN to eos3 Send a message via Yahoo to eos3

VW cars are well known (and all honest car dealers or garage owners will say it openly) for consuming oil... It is part of the cost of owning a VW. So this piece of your issue is "normal", or at least not unseen.
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
IanJ

The VAG 2.0 FSI or TFSI is ESPECIALLY well known for using oil.

On one of the forums someone was told by their Audi dealer that a litre per 1000 miles is not unusual in the first 10k!

At 30 or so per 4 litres in Halfords this stuff is not cheap either.
IanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
archiea

what about after the first 10K!!!
archiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
smoggypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
The VAG 2.0 FSI or TFSI is ESPECIALLY well known for using oil.

On one of the forums someone was told by their Audi dealer that a litre per 1000 miles is not unusual in the first 10k!

At 30 or so per 4 litres in Halfords this stuff is not cheap either.
I've heard the same, but in 73k miles in my Audio 2.0TFSI I topped it up in between [long life] services precisely twice. I drive 130 miles round trip every day, so suspect that lots of short trips might have a bearing on oil consumption!

Take the car back and fight for a new one - 26k for a new car that is no longer new doesn't sound right to me!

Paul
smoggypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
Gavster

Send a message via MSN to Gavster

My Audi TT 1.8T used to consume quite a bit of oil.

Regards,

Gavin
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
SiJ2000

I wanted to drain some oil out of my 2.0 T-FSI... Reading this, it looks like I just have to drive a few hundred miles instead!!
SiJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
Deanintemp

Bought my EOS in June '07; have put 5,500 miles on it without consuming any oil. I am scheduled for my first oil change this week. My EOS has been absolutely perfect...knock on wood.
Deanintemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement