Bluefin Remap - VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums

Go Back   VW Eos Forum : Volkswagen Eos Forums > Volkswagen Eos Forum > VW Eos Tech Q&A > Engine & Drivetrain

VWEosClub.com is the premier VW Eos Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
Gavster

Send a message via MSN to Gavster
Default Bluefin Remap

Has anybody bought a Superchips Bluefin for their EOS or had any previous experience of Bluefin, perhaps on another vehicle?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Gavin
Gavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
geedee

I wouldn't bother.

The wheels spin too easily already with a quick start, especially in the wet.
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Hornet9

Hi Gavster,

I am seriously looking at having my ECU remapped. I am looking at the Bluefin product and also the REVO one.

I've been reading up on them on the VW Golf GTi forums. They both appear to get rave reviews. I'll probably go for the REVO one as I can get it done at Stealth Racing who are local to me. They also have a rolling road dyno so I might go the whole hog and get the EOS dyno'ed before and after the remap.

2.0 TFSI, Shadow Blue, Cornsilk Leather, Chicago Alloys, Dual Climate, Cruise Control, Bi-Xenons, Sat-Nav, Dynaudio, iPod, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Luxury Pack, Winter Pack
Hornet9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Gavster

Hi Hornet9,

I had REVO on my SEAT Leon Cupra R which was done at Stealth. Once done, the car was dynoe'd at 271bhp and 322 torques.

I felt that the power delivery was way to full on with uncontrollable amounts of power. It is for this reason that I am considering Bluefin.

Having spoken to Superchips, I can confirm that we would get a discount for more than one person purchasing. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Hornet9

Hi Gavin,

What did you think of the guys at Stealth. I've only seen good reports. What your opinion.

Regards,

Ian

2.0 TFSI, Shadow Blue, Cornsilk Leather, Chicago Alloys, Dual Climate, Cruise Control, Bi-Xenons, Sat-Nav, Dynaudio, iPod, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Luxury Pack, Winter Pack
Old 07-20-2007, 11:28 PM   #6
Gavster

Well I only dealt with one person, I think he was the boss. Seemed very knowledgable indeed.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 07-26-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
angus

Sorry to put a dampener on this.
Does the bluefin superchip involve opening the ECU, and replacing the original chip? I know superchip make a play about it being undetectable. But I do know from a touareg forum when vw detected that the ecu had been tampered with because the seal wasn't original. It's another story of course if the ecu box only has a clip fastener. There are companies out there who can remap thro' the diagnostic port. Here it would be completely undetectable, unless the garage puts the car on a rolling road. You also need to think of warranty and insurance issues. I personally think the 2.0 T already has a good balance of performance and economy.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
pdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
Does the bluefin superchip involve opening the ECU, and replacing the original chip? I know superchip make a play about it being undetectable. But I do know from a touareg forum when vw detected that the ecu had been tampered with because the seal wasn't original. It's another story of course if the ecu box only has a clip fastener. There are companies out there who can remap thro' the diagnostic port. Here it would be completely undetectable, unless the garage puts the car on a rolling road. You also need to think of warranty and insurance issues. I personally think the 2.0 T already has a good balance of performance and economy.
Hi angus
In answer to your question Superchips do two different types of remap, one involves replacing the original chip in the ECU, the bluefin remap is done through the diagnostic plug and is completely reversable if needs be.

Paul
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
geedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
I agree with your view on the 2.0T balance. If you look at the power on the 3.2, it is around 250 bhp (slightly higher than the chipped version)

This gives a half second advantage in the 0-60 sprint !!!
As it is, I find the car struggles for grip in the TL Grand Prix and in the wet is even worse.

If the EOS had 4WD then it may be worth it, but that has been well discussed on other forums.

I would like extra power sure, but as you rightly point out
the penalties are hardly worth it.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
Gavster

My personal opinion is that gears 4, 5 and 6 are a bit lacking in performance.

One thing to remember is that just because you will have more power off of the line, you don't always have to use it. In my experience, you soon get used to the amount of power and how much pedal to use.

Regards,

Gavin
Old 07-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #11
GOgg

Hi, Gavin,

I would disagree about 4th its great for 40+ acceleration. I do take your point about 5 and 6 though, I think they are there to keep the revs down and economy up only.
GOgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #12
geedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavster View Post
My personal opinion is that gears 4, 5 and 6 are a bit lacking in performance.

One thing to remember is that just because you will have more power off of the line, you don't always have to use it. In my experience, you soon get used to the amount of power and how much pedal to use.
I cannot comment on the manual gearing, as my wife's is DSG which I find really well geared.

A point I notice is that your car is really highly specd and wonder if (with hindsight) the 3.2 may have been a better option, as it would come with most of what you have added
as well as the extra power thrown in.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #13
jamesyboy5593

Mine will be DSG too, this is because I want to pootle round at a nice relaxed pace with minimal driver input. Classically I think convertibes have been about show and not go, however with the new breed of CC's I can see why to some that performance is important. I had to get the turbo as I wanted DSG, had the non turbo come with DSG I would have got that one. Still it will be nice to know I have a bit of grunt should I find the effort in my right leg to push the pedal all the way down!!

If I want a fast drive, I'll leave the Eos at home and get my Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo out! It will piss all over a standard Eos to be fair.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Hornet9

As with most things, after a time you get used to it. I guess it depends on what power you are used to, whether or not you want more.

But as Gavster says, you are in control of the power by using that 'thing' under your right foot!

Your choice.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:43 PM   #15
Gavster

Hi Guys,

The main reasons that I didn't buy the 3.2:

1) I wanted Manual.
2) The lower road tax bracket (goodness only knows how much this government will put up the higher bracket price to).
3) The 3.2 lump is heavier and apparently this effects the turn-in.
4) With all of my extras, including the red nappa (some of my extras but not all are standard on the 3.2) the price would have been around 30k.

Anyway, I am still looking for members to join me in the group purchase of the Bluefin.

Any further takers?

Regards,

Gavin
Old 09-29-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
individualdsg

I might join you on Bluefin if you are still looking for people?
individualdsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:22 AM   #17
italianouk

I might join you for the bluefin buy
Alf
italianouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:02 AM   #18
Gavster

Wait til I get my new EOS and then I'll organise it.

Cheers guys

Regards,

Gavin
Old 10-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #19
andee

Smile Bluefin or REVO its a tricky choice!

Am happy to join you on the bluefin deal, lads.

Let me know what the deal is and I will be there!

Anders
andee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement