Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a really great EOS a few months ago and kept her covered but.....

when caught in the rain or washing her, i get a good amount off water build up int the lower part of the door frame. Its not enough to get into the car cabin, just enough to her it splash to the ground when the door is opened. Happens on both sides as well. Any ideas?

Also noticed a pool of water residing in the passenger side pocket under the flap.. its on the backside of the door lock area. This I absorbed with a few dips of a large sponge.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
Is your vehicle a MY07 or MY08 moddel?

There is a factory-recommended owner modification to the door lower seals to fix a water retention problem which I can send to you if it is applicable to your vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts

There is a factory-recommended owner modification to the door lower seals to fix a water retention problem which I can send to you if it is applicable to your vehicle.
Shadow:
I have a MY07 and would be interested in the mod as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Also noticed a pool of water residing in the passenger side pocket under the flap.. its on the backside of the door lock area. This I absorbed with a few dips of a large sponge.
That could be a different problem? Either the doors were opened during heavy rain and some rain ran off the roof into the pockets (and over the door switches!). Or the window glasses aren't sealing to the top roof seal, rain is getting through from the roof and running down inside.

All these possible water ingress scenarios can be tested using a garden hose.

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts

I have an 07 with this problem. I would appreciate getting the recommended modification.

·
Super Moderator
2,326 Posts
I have an 07 with this problem. I would appreciate getting the recommended modification.
You can download it using the link in my post immediately above your post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can download it using the link in my post immediately above your post.
Thanks! Looking at the first picture where it says to apply butyl between seal and body at B-plllar location shown, I don't know what the B-pillar is and can't tell from the picture. Can you shed light on that?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
The pillar lettering convention AFIK starts at the windshield corners - 'The A' Pillars'. Imagine the roof sliced off, work back and the 'B' pillar will be the next support for the roof from the floor, i.e level with the backs of the front seats. Then you get the 'C' and 'D' (?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts