Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thin black plastic that surrounds the driver's side mirror is cracked and broken. i think i've identified the correct part # 1K8-857-601-A-9B9 for my 09 lux 2.0 tsi. before i start (or not start) this my question is how much disassembly is required to swap this out? can i just pop off the mirror and unclip the old bezel then clip in the new? screws? any best way to pop out the mirror? thanks.
Eye glass accessory Office supplies Rim Rectangle Auto part

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi

I swapped the mirrors a while back due to rust . From memory remove the glass and there are a load plastic tangs that push into the main housing for the part you show.

If not its a door card off job to remove the full whole wing mirror unit .

Not difficult but the door card fixings often snap so have so have some shares if your going down this route

Also a service manual is a good investment and pays for its self after one job !

Regards

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
I swapped the mirrors a while back due to rust
Hi, What goes rusty? My shells are painted ABS and the matt black mounts are cast ali. Their paint lifts from the ali which goes white, but it's easily recoverable either with an etch + powder coat, or an ali acid etch primer and a few coats from rattle can.

It's easier to remove the shell covers with the mirror bolted to the car although the plastic tabs aren't easy to locate and they don't just pop off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i found the bezel online from a chinese seller for dirt cheap so i took the plunge although it will take a few more weeks to arrive. i ended up getting part #3C8-857-601-A instead. slight difference in the interior cutout, but it's listed as compatible with eos 09-16. i can sacrifice the old part getting it out since it's already cracked where i can get side cutters in there. what is the best way (side) to pop out the mirror? thanks.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
MY07 mirrors are attached with not so strong glue to the tilt motor/heater pad and don't just 'pop out'. Once I carefully remove the front facing shell cover and turn signal assembly from the bezel, all the innards fixed to the brackets are exposed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts