Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
First EOS
9 Posts
There is a way of draining the engine oil without having to jack the car up we use a vacuum pump to suck the oil thru the dip stick tube and into a measured container. It saves any problems with the drain plug stripping the thread out. ****
Not to mention removing all those screws and wrestling with the Eos belly pan while under the car. I saw one post where the fellow enlarged the oil drain access hole in his belly pan to eliminate the oil accumulating on top of the pan. I have a vacuum pump setup and am going to try evacuating the oil thru the dipstick. With WalMart's $25 Castrol and $10 VW filter from Burlington parts, I am saving a boatload of cash.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
I saw one post where the fellow enlarged the oil drain access hole in his belly pan to eliminate the oil accumulating on top of the pan.
Be careful what you trust reading the internet. EOS's have a very substantial and heavy large aluminium belly pan which contributes to the overall stiffness of the cabriolet body. The first time you drop it, you probably reach for the jack. But after a while you get to know which bolts to start removing first, whilst holding up the rear end of the pan with your knee until you can lower it.

The pan does have oil collection/trapping areas in its pressing. This can hide an oil leak for a short time, until they fill and you get a large amount of oil slopping on your driveway. Which is why I prefer to take the time removing it, because you can do a lot of visual checks from underneath.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts