Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if others are aware as I wasn't until I took my Eos in for its door to be repaired.
2.0TDI Volkswagen engines are renowned for burning and using up all their oil.
Apparently its due to the temperature the turbo gets which uses up the oil.
The service engineer told me to just keep an eye on oil level as they are known to burn the oil after afew thousand miles.

Just making others aware - I didnt know this at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laura

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Laura
I was aware of this as my last car was a GOLF GT TDI it used about 1/2 a litre in approx 4000 miles so the oil usage isn't drastic, another down side is the cost of the oil to top it up, the long life oil runs at over £12 for a litre bottle from dealers.

Paul

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Somebody had to notice it, pity it wasn't me when I wrote it, I've changed it now, and as for the question only if they try to get in without my knowlege.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone concerned that the oil is passing through and damaging oxygen sensors,etc, in the exhaust system?? I'm using a quart every 1000 miles and this is unacceptable. Seems to me the problem is that oil is leaking past the seals--a big problem waiting to create severe damage....

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello
After driving a 1.9TDI Passat for a couple of years, and adding oil every 8'000kms roughly, I figured out I'd better ask my dealer about the EOS'oil consumption. He told me that if I drove "normaly" (aha, he meant not like on a race track), I shouldn't be adding oil before the first 10'000kms, and should start checking level regularly each 5'000kms from then on... So far, my EOS is 8'000kms and the level is just fine without having added any... And I drove "normal" the first 5'000kms (he especialy instructed me to use my palets to 'gear-down' rather than the brakes so as not to distort the discs ;-))... I'd say that besides "super-warm-turbo", oil consumption is also a classic attribute of sports or fancy cars, like convertibles... ;-)
And there's that nice feeling of feeding your baby-EOS when topping up the oil level :) :D

·
Everyday's an EDA
161 Posts
I first checked her oil at 5000km, she needed 400ml. I've been checking every 5000km since. She's now done 20000km and not used another drop. I reckon she might have been a bit low on delivery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wouldnt think you need to add oil

I have a 1.9L TDI that I have had for 115k miles. It doesnt require that I add oil at all.

I would think you needing to add oil that regularly would point to a possible issue. How is gas millage? Any issues with performance? Any CELs?

·
Registered
333 Posts
My 2.0 TDI with 9,000 miles uses a quart about every 1,800 miles. This with both city and highway driving. Not excessive in my view.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts