Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, funny break down. My test port on my high pressure fuel pump fell out today. Car runs out of fuel really fast. Dealer does not sell it separately from the $750 fuel pump. NAPA sells the pump for $250, but with no test port. I’m now looking at just a pipe plug for now, but nothing will be open until Monday. Does anyone know what size/pitch the valve is? Other wise I have to remove the pump to take it to my hydraulic shop to find a proper plug. Metric fittings are a bit hard to come by here in Oregon, USA.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
I'm surprised your car didn't burst into flames? The size of thread its form, taper if used and whether it has a bottom sealing flare are important as these test points don't usualy rely on the thread alone to seal aka brake bleeders. IMHO I wouldn't risk getting the wrong part for a HP fuel pump and a hydraulic shop is more likely to know what should be used if you don't.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, hydraulic shop seems right at this point. Junk yards are not much help. Everyone is claiming that they don’t have a 2.0 of this vintage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fun fact, the low fuel pressure sensor is the same pitch and o-ring as the Schroeder valve! Part arrives tomorrow, will see if this gets me back on the road.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
An aircon installer might also have something? Have you measured the thread form? That would be a good start.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Car no longer leaks fuel every where. Actually runs again! Threads are the same as a small spark plug, but have a machined flat spot at the top for an o-ring. I’m not entirely happy with how it went in, but hopefully it won’t come out again. Otherwise it will be a new fuel pump next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts