Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I need recommendations on replacing the factory radio in 2007 EOS. I did similar double-DIN replacement in an old Subaru (learned from YouTube).

So, I saw an old thread here, but need reccomedation for brand/install process for USA radio with Bluetooth, etc. Not likely to install back-up camera this time.

ref: Replacement car radio - Witson

·
Life is good... so far
1,065 Posts
Do you have DynAudio? it would say on the front door speakers. If not then pretty much anything would work. You just might not have total compatibility. There are a couple VW style units out there that some are using that look and work like OEM.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
89 Posts
The RCD330/360 is a factory VW unit that will give you touch screen, android auto and Apple CarPlay. Easy install with the included wiring harness adapter but you would need to purchase the CanBus adapter to get your steering wheel controls to work and avoid any type of battery drain issues. Cost me around $225

You can find these on Amazon or Alibaba or Aliexpress

Attachments

·
South Australian Owner
197 Posts
I second the RCD330plus- installed into my 2009 Eos myself withing 30 minutes, plug and play. No issues with the parking sensors either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I need recommendations on replacing the factory radio in 2007 EOS. I did similar double-DIN replacement in an old Subaru (learned from YouTube).

So, I saw an old thread here, but need reccomedation for brand/install process for USA radio with Bluetooth, etc. Not likely to install back-up camera this time.

ref: Replacement car radio - Witson
I went on ebay and found a 9" android 10 head unit from Eonon. The install was super easy and it sounds amazing. About $350 delivered to Australia. Just type in VW Eos 2 din android and it will pop up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The RCD330/360 is a factory VW unit that will give you touch screen, android auto and Apple CarPlay. Easy install with the included wiring harness adapter but you would need to purchase the CanBus adapter to get your steering wheel controls to work and avoid any type of battery drain issues. Cost me around $225

You can find these on Amazon or Alibaba or Aliexpress
Hi!

Could you share more info about the CanBus adapter to buy please? (model, etc).
I have a 2007 model and I'm tired of the old radio...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm About to buy the Xtron IB90MTVL, it's an android 10. Plus if I get it from Aliexpress I will save a tone. I want to install the reversing camera but I'm not sure if when I put the gear selector into reverse it will give the signal to the android to turn the camera on screen or not

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Apparently the IB90MTVL has a CAN bus connection and is aimed at VAG cars, so it should get the reverse signal from the CAN bus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Aku FOR the reply.

However I don't have Canbus. I don't have steering wheel commands. It's an early 2006 model. Do you think it will still work?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your car does have a CAN bus, it’s what connects all the control modules together - engine, windows, lights, roof... everything. (In fact, it has three, but that’s a technical detail.)

I don’t know that model of radio, I just looked at the Xtrons website, but I believe it will work.

Reactions: RoofCrap
1 - 10 of 10 Posts