Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am convinced that other Eos owners share my problems so let me know if you are in the same boat as VW don't want to know. I love the collapsible roof and the look of this car but that's it. This car leaks so badly that you need wellington boots, a window wiper to constantly clear the condensation and a bucket to bail the car out in wet weather. Am I unlucky or are there others out there like me?

The leaks have flooded the hydraulic pump so the roof doesn't collapse. The back tyre compartment is totally flooded and I am sick of bailing it out. My mobile sets off the car alarm even from a remote location. The car stinks from the wet. I can't trade this car in even to a VW dealer as I am ultimately liable to the purchaser.

This has turned out to be the car from hell. Be warned, Don't switch from a Golf to an EOS! It may look great but that's it. VW will turn their backs to problems

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
Why haven't you had this problem fixed under "ex-gratia" warranty by VW in the same way as many other 2007 owners as they have detailed on this forum?

VW have recognised there is a serious problem with 2007 seals and retrofit this model with the modified seals fitted to later models as a customer goodwill gesture.

Ask and ye should be satisfied.......

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have had the flooded boot and it is not the roof seals in 70% of cases, it is an airvent between the boot and the rear bumper. the water clears the roof and runs down a channel and over the vent. some didn't have the right sealant put on. my Eos was in for 5 day and leak stopped and I do my seals every 2 to 3 months with krytox.
Hope it helps. The bumper has to come of to do the job

·
Registered
2 Posts
Body side vents done today!

Well after 2 years of ownership with a soggy boot for most of the time, and with the boot seals and parcel shelf seal replaced about 16 months ago (didn't stop it but did slow it down) my dealer has had ours back in today and say the problem was the body side vents which have been replaced, so we'll see. No charge so that's good, if it works...

Mine is a very early car (VIN ends in 002174 and regd July 06) so I think it suffered from a few glitches while they were trying to work out how to put them together. I didn't want the roof pump to suffer any more, after reading other threads about the effects on it from sitting in damp sponge and eventually shorting out, so here's hoping. Incidentally reading about others experiences has been really helpful as I tried to get on top of this problem, thanks all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts