Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLOVED, SEE BELOW (not the video but the subsequent discussion) After much searching on this and other forums I cannot for the life of me find a post describing the removal of the H7 lowbeam bulb (LHS drivers) from a 2007 EOS, or at least one that has the same fixture as my car. All of the others seem to have a different style of 'socket'. In my car, you can see from the photo below that 'turning the bulb counterclockwise' will not release anything. I am reluctant to be too firm lest I break the bulb off in the socket or worse damage the fixture. How does one remove the bulb from this fixture, or alternately, remove this fixture from the headlight assembly? I know this must be simple! Advice?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you VoxMagna, but if you examine my photo it is completely different. There is no plastic bulb holder, and the cover on the back of the headlight assembly is rectangular. The manual says to remove the bulb 'push upwards', but nothing moves.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SOLVED : In this assembly, in my 2007 EOS, the bulb socket is fixed and does not move or rotate. Do not attempt to rotate the bulb in the socket as you will break the bulb. Do not attempt to rotate the socket, lest you break the socket. The bulb is held in place by two metal spring clips built into the socket at 2:00 and 8:00 o'clock in the original photo. Using a flatblade screwdriver push one of the spring clips to allow the bulb to come free then remove the bulb from the socket. It is difficult to see what you are doing, as you are operating inside the headlight assembly, a flashlight and/or mirror might be helpful.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
SOLVED : In this assembly, in my 2007 EOS, the bulb socket is fixed and does not move or rotate. Do not attempt to rotate the bulb in the socket as you will break the bulb. Do not attempt to rotate the socket, lest you break the socket. The bulb is held in place by two metal spring clips built into the socket at 2:00 and 8:00 o'clock in the original photo. Using a flatblade screwdriver push one of the spring clips to allow the bulb to come free then remove the bulb from the socket. It is difficult to see what you are doing, as you are operating inside the headlight assembly, a flashlight and/or mirror might be helpful.
This is completely different than my 2008, so it must be unique to the 07 model year

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, it is completely different from any of the other styles of bulb socket that I have seen on various videos or "How-To" guides. I might assume that it is the same on 2006, adding that to the thread in case it helps anyone with a 2006.

·
Life is good... so far
1,214 Posts
Our 07 is that way. I don't understand the reasoning behind changing this method of mounting unless they figured that the bulb might shake loose. I never had that happen. By the way no tools are needed to replace the bulb. Pushing down on the bulb will release it. It is actually harder to put it back in. The indexing pins on the bulb and the notches in the socket are hard to see sometimes without a mirror or flashlight but it can be done. Voxmagma, non-diesels don't have that item in the way on the right-hand headlight. I could see that being a pain to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts