Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.0T
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi when i bought this from the dealer her said he wasnt too sure what the problem was. When i go to open the sun roof or put the top down there is a violent and loud clicking and no movement. I dont know what the problem could be. Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Hi & Welcome. Search the site for broken sunroof gear. They are nylon and when the sliding mechanism gets stiff or seizes, it's the first thing to break. It may not be the only sunroof problem and IMHO, I wouldn't have bought it without the dealer fixing it first. It's not an easy cheap job to do and they probably knew that?

The top won't work until the sunroof is repaired. Did you try operating the top before you bought the car? Unfortunately, you don't have a cabriolet car at the moment and it's top up until it's fixed. Don't try the top or sunroof switches any more and risk making the problem worse. I don't know what your buyer/seller rights are and how long you have had the car, but buying a cabriolet car that doesn't work as a cabriolet sounds like a good case to have the seller fix it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts