Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My convertible top is not opening, message center says "close luggage compartment", trunk is closed but does not seem like lid is being pulled down. What do you think is the issue? Or what part pulls down to seal lid?

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Is the hinged cover inside the trunk down? If the cover isn't down or the microswitch is faulty, you get that error and the roof won't operate. When the trunk lid is lowered you should hear the lock motor operate which also pulls the lid down on to the seal. The closed lock tells the system the trunk lid is closed. Usually if it is open, you get warning 'dings'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cover inside is closed and the micro switch is pressed. The motor is not pulling the lid down. What pulls the lid down? Is it the latch?

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know this problem is somewhere described here in the forum. It is something with the trunk lid lock. Use search to find it.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
For problems like this i would always do a diagnostics scan because it saves wasting time. Many things on cars and the EOS are interconnected and a diagnostics scan should tell you if the system has faults relating to your problem.

·
Registered
349 Posts
For problems like this i would always do a diagnostics scan because it saves wasting time. Many things on cars and the EOS are interconnected and a diagnostics scan should tell you if the system has faults relating to your problem.
X2. VCDS will tell you what is going on and you can even troubleshoot the switch with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could some one please tell me if there is a way to just repair the sun shade that slides across the glass above.
The glass is fine so I don’t need to replace that just the sliding piece on an EOS 2007 The fabric has broken down and sun sunshine‘s through it

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
There is always a way to repair things, provided you have deep pockets or the time, skills and patience to buy the parts and do it yourself. Others have had sunshade problems and I think there are two main reasons, because MY07 is as good as the day it was made: U.V from strong sunlight is one cause, but another is water leaking past the roof seals which you cannot easily see. The sunshade is a nylon type material with a waterproof type coating on the inside which also blocks daylight. From the look of the ripple effect on yours it seems like water has been getting through the roof seals? Your repair work isn't just replacing the sunshade but investigating the possibility of roof seal leaks.

The sunshade is pulled along tracks which are part of the sunroof and roof side member assembly. Doing any dismantling work requires a service tool to ensure the rails and in particular the sunroof tracks, are aligned square. Have a read of the workshop procedure to do what you might think should be a simple job before doing anything. If the parts are not put back with checks for alignment, free movement and low friction, (everything is NOT in the workshop manual!) you risk damage to the sunroof motor gears.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts