Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am selling my EOS... the timing chain broke a little over a month ago and I havent had the time or energy to fix it... it had a recall on this but since it has over 100xxx VW does not honor the standing "lawsuit"... I know it's a long shot to post on this site seeing as how everyone is pretty spread out location wise but before I junk it or scrap it I figured I'd try to get what I can and to a fellow EOS lover... I'm located In California,bay area. Any and all offer are welcome

·
Life is good... so far
1,024 Posts
07 Eos has a timing belt and not a chain. Engine is probably trash. Would be good for body parts and the roof if it works.

·
Happy Member
144 Posts
No, not cost effective at all!

Three years ago the serpentine belt in my 2012 Eos Executive broke, damaging the engine, and stranding me in the Costco parking lot. I was facing at least a $7,000 repair with about a $7,000 residual on my car in working condition. I was this close to scrapping it for metal when a co-worker hooked me up with a BMW dealer about 60 miles away, that not only gave me a $3,000 trade-in (I took the money and ran) but towed it to their facility (about a $600 tow).

VW wouldn't do anything for me, despite the belt being a "known issue," and I joined the class action. But my Eos had over 120k miles on it, so the class action settlement had no provision for me. I asked for clarification from the class action lawyer, but no reply.

That was a sad time. That 2012 was the second Eos I'd had. I loved that car. I posted a sad goodbye on this forum, and ended up buying a CPO 2013 BMW 328i convertible. While I'll always remember my Eoses fondly, I have no love for VW. And the 328i is a delight to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wish I'd heard about this timing belt issue sooner! :eek: My 2007 recently went over 100k. How much do they cost to replace before something bad happens? :confused:

·
Alaskaman
95 Posts
The 2.0l CTTA engine also has a timing chain. At least my 2009 does. Or that's what two different German Specialty mechanics have told me after opening it up for other work. Wo knew?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts