Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

2008 EOS Audio

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  seb1899 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 EOS Komfort with the Premium Sound (not Dynaudio I am assuming). Can't seem to figure out how to get the iPod connector to register. Interested in swapping the Head Unit for something else. (Manual transmission was my maing desire)

I use Waze so I don't really need Navigation. I would like the best sounding unit with Bluetooth.

Any recommendations? Sites with info? Any to stay away from?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a 2008 Eos with a 30 pin Apple connector in the arm rest.

I connected my IPod Nano 6th generation via a docking cable extender and it works as the manual says - press the CD button two times and the IPod appears as an external CD player and the first 5 playlist show up as CD's and if you choose one the songs in the playlist show up as tracksand you can manipulate them via the radio controls, The manual says it turns on and off when the radio is turned on and charges when necessay WRONG:mad:

It does not charge nor does it turn off and on - it stays on until the battery is dead and then the message is No External CD:confused:

Since the 6th gen Nano is after 2008 I bought a 4th gen Nano (Owners Manual says it is supported) but the same thing happens when attached to the 30 pin connector - the 6th gen Nano is match book sized so I need a docking cable extender to make the connection because of fat fingers.

Did Volkswagen forget to power this 30 pin connector?

#3 ·
I purchased an IPod Nano 4th Generation that is compatible with my radio according to the owners manual. The manual states that it will turn on and off with the radio and charge as needed in order to play but when I attach the Nano 4th gen to the 30 pin connector it plays and shows up as an external CD player until the battery expires. It does not turn off or on and it does not charge it is available to use until the battery expires.

I got to checking my owners manual and it appears the fuses for the radio are F8 - 15 amps, F18 - 30 amps (low box) and F18- 30 amps and F19 15 amps (high box)
In checking the panel under the hood there is no fuse in F8 and F18 has a 30 amf fuse and F19 has a 15 amp fuse. Is the lack of a fuse in F8 causing my 30 pin connector to not charge my IPod?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.