Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and have done a good search on the forums. My question is I have an iPhone 5 that requires a lightning adapter. My 2008 Eos has an iPod (30 pin) adaptor. Is there an easy way to convert the adaptor over to a lightning cord for an iPhone 5 to provide charging and music capabilities?

I know I could buy scosche 12v adaptor and plug that into my car's external but I would then have to buy an extension cord... Is there an easier way ? Can't I just take it to the dealer and have them put in a USB ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can use the apple lightning to 30 pin adapter. There is enough room under the lid to place the phone on its side (no in the original ipod spot but in the other storage spot under the lid). I tried this with my iphone 5 on my 2008 eos and it will stream music but unfortunately it doesn't charge the phone and of course you can't see your phone from under the lid if you get a call or are using it for navigation. I ended up buying a used older ipod nano and it does nothing but live in the car now for music.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea, but I do love pandora. I'll look on Craigslist for sole but one more thing while I'm here. Does the adapter you bought let you use your iPhone via radio controls?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts