Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a set of R8 2.0T ignition coils and bosch plugs for $127 at Deutche Auto Parts. Will let you know how it goes with my own installation. I’ve done my own for years. This will be my first on a 2.0T. Any recommendations?

https://youtu.be/tIl7FyNAUWU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did the plugs and coils myself. Not too tough. Still had sputtering and picked up an irregular idle.

Found it needed a new PCV valve. Got it for $40 at Deutche Auto Parts (needed to learn which engine type I had, which is FSI, using a PDF they had for download).

Found it was really easy to replace, just four thin bolts at the top front of the engine! On first test drive got absolutely no sputtering, idle is now solid, and have a huge amount more steady power than when I bought the car used last year! The sputtering had worsened on a long trip we took.

I’ll bet it was one reason the previous owner traded in the car! I love it now! Has been running like a rally car (almost) for the past 3-4 weeks since I fixed it!!! Definitely replace the PCV valve first if you have sputtering or weak acceleration. You could save yourself the cost of plugs and coils. I also had an intake / valve cleaning at the dealer that helped quite a bit too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the plugs and coils myself. Not too tough. Still had sputtering and picked up an irregular idle.

Found it needed a new PCV valve. Got it for $40 at Deutche Auto Parts (needed to learn which engine type I had, which is FSI, using a PDF they had for download).

Found it was really easy to replace, just four thin bolts at the top front of the engine! On first test drive got absolutely no sputtering, idle is now solid, and have a huge amount more steady power than when I bought the car used last year! The sputtering had worsened on a long trip we took.

I’ll bet it was one reason the previous owner traded in the car! I love it now! Has been running like a rally car (almost) for the past 3-4 weeks since I fixed it!!! Definitely replace the PCV valve first if you have sputtering or weak acceleration. You could save yourself the cost of plugs and coils. I also had an intake / valve cleaning at the dealer that helped quite a bit too!

Getting ready to replace plugs, should I replace the coils at the same time and which coils did you pick. We have the 08 EOS 2.0 FSI. Also, the PVC valve, did you change the hose out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts