Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VW Monkey
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. new here. Just traded in my 2004 Pasaat for a 2008 Eos and need some help. For one, the cigarette lighter power shuts off with the ignition in the Eos, so I can't charge my phone when leaving the car anymore... Is there any fix to this? Also, I have an audio AUX in in the center console, but no power for my Ipod, and want to add that functionality... There is a 12v plug right behind it for the backseat, so I think I can add something in the console from that wiring, but want to know the pitfalls and how to of removing this console and drilling holes in it to get the job done. Anyone done this before? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Not sure about anyone else but I have no idea what the post from Luitjens is all about.

Regarding the power, it is generally a bad idea to have a permanent power source available to power devices, if your battery gets old and weak it could drain it very quickly. That is generally why manufacturers do not have permanently powered accessory sockets. I don't think there is a way to swap to permanent power without re-wiring the socket yourself to add a permanent live to it instead of ignition switched.

No idea about adding another socket, should be easy enough if there is the space to fit one. The only pitfall will be that if you stuff up the drilling of the hole then you might have to replace the console part.

Adam

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi. new here. Just traded in my 2004 Pasaat for a 2008 Eos and need some help. For one, the cigarette lighter power shuts off with the ignition in the Eos, so I can't charge my phone when leaving the car anymore... Is there any fix to this? Also, I have an audio AUX in in the center console, but no power for my Ipod, and want to add that functionality... There is a 12v plug right behind it for the backseat, so I think I can add something in the console from that wiring, but want to know the pitfalls and how to of removing this console and drilling holes in it to get the job done. Anyone done this before? Thanks for your help!
I did that about a year ago to hide a powered bluetooth audio receiver in the console. It was tricky getting the console off (particularly the storage box section you want to drill). I used this link as a guide (bear in mind it's for a Golf/Jetta, but the EOS is similar): http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2944110-DIY-Euro-Cupholder.

I spliced into the 12v wires supplying the rear 12V outlet (like you're planning) but the power is switched (which is fine for me because it turns the bluetooth receiver off when I park)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts