Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2009 VW Eos 2.0T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
after sorting all sorts of crazy thing on my car, I came to the next thing that I can't quite figure out.
So the car came with the old style ac control module, the one with the temp displays for driver and passenger that indicates the temperature.
The problem was that the dials were jumpy, if I turn up the temperature on the display was randomly going up or down on the display, and I felt like every temperature was the same (no regulation what so ever) unless I got it set to hi and then it would be warm.
So I bought a new style ac control unit, the one that has the numbers on the side of the dials, and I noticed that nothing has changed whatever I set the temp at will blow cold, only thing changing is the fan speed, and the only way to get warm air is to set it on hi.
The car is equipped with climatronic, so the swap should be plug and play for what I've read here in the forum.
Any Ideas on what can I check?

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts
Hello everybody,
after sorting all sorts of crazy thing on my car, I came to the next thing that I can't quite figure out.
So the car came with the old style ac control module, the one with the temp displays for driver and passenger that indicates the temperature.
The problem was that the dials were jumpy, if I turn up the temperature on the display was randomly going up or down on the display, and I felt like every temperature was the same (no regulation what so ever) unless I got it set to hi and then it would be warm.
So I bought a new style ac control unit, the one that has the numbers on the side of the dials, and I noticed that nothing has changed whatever I set the temp at will blow cold, only thing changing is the fan speed, and the only way to get warm air is to set it on hi.
The car is equipped with climatronic, so the swap should be plug and play for what I've read here in the forum.
Any Ideas on what can I check?
What is going on with the fan? Does the fan work on low or only on high?

· Registered
2009 VW Eos 2.0T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fan works fine...
if i move the dial to increase or decrease the temp, the fan start to spin faster or slower, if I set it on Hi or LOW, the fan will go full speed.
The only setting that will allow warm air to come out is the HI, other than that is always blowing cold, just at differnet fan speeds.

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts
The fan works fine...
if i move the dial to increase or decrease the temp, the fan start to spin faster or slower, if I set it on Hi or LOW, the fan will go full speed.
The only setting that will allow warm air to come out is the HI, other than that is always blowing cold, just at differnet fan speeds.
Well that rules out the blower motor resistor as a problem

· Registered
2009 VW Eos 2.0T
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like I got the problem gone.
Once I swapped the control unit, I did the base setting with vcds, it went trough fine and didn't much pay any attention after.
Then in the post I read about this being a plug'n'play swap, the poster told to push and hold the AC button + Front Vent button for a sec or so and let it do it's thing.
So I did, but then I realized that the temp was not adjustable it was either always blowing the coolest or the hottest only when set to HI.
Last night, just for curiosity, I thought to repeat the basic setting, and see what happens. Once the basic setting was done, I didn't applied the AC + Vent button procedure, and now the ac is adjusting the temp at all temperatures! GREAT!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts