Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
My U.S. 2007 2.0T just has the tire cross section symbol on the speedometer and no reset buttons anywhere. Just fill the tiew to the correct pressure (34 PSI for 16" & 17" rims) and drive away. The lighted tire symbol goes out if the pressure is correct. My owner manual says the 18" rims (tires) should be inflated to 37 PSI.
What triggers the low tire pressure symbol? Manual says when the pressure drops by about 5.8 PSI (0.4 bar). I would say that is a ballpark number. Sounds reasonable in my experience.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't ask me how I screwed up the above. Vox didn't say it, I did.

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Never mind, The important thing for safety is everybody understands EOS TPMS can be the direct or indirect system and how it's implemented for different models and regions can be different. There should be zero confusion as to what the dash warning shows but it seems as though V.W have used the same icon for 2 different warnings, one is informative and the other tells you your tires are running out of air! ABS based TPMS reset switch can be in different places but VCDS can also do the reset after you check tire pressures. I've also discovered something else puzzling: After doing an ABS TPMS reset the system has a learning phase of some 50 miles driving. I suspect this is how it learns variations between cold/hot tires and bumps in the road? During this learning phase I don't think you get a TPMS warning if you let some air out of a tire to test the system? VCDS doesn't tell you anything.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts