Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Eos TSI Komfort DSG Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I already have an idea of what is wrong (answer: EVERYTHING) but I thought I’d get some opinions. Three major problems: one, my airbag light came on after installing a new stereo head unit, and the Passenger Airbag OFF light stays on, even when there’s a passenger. Two, some time ago (I have the 2.0 TSI with about 94,000 miles) the MIL light came on and my power went to hell. Code read MAF sensor, installed a new one, nothing changed. In fact I cleared it, and the MAF sensor code P0101 and P0100 came back on. Along with P2015, Intake Manifold runner sensor circuit, and P0299, Turbo underboost. Fearing the worst, I installed a vacuum/boost gauge, and at idle it reads -20 or so, and when I step on it wide open throttle, the gauge never goes above 0. There are no leaks. As for the manifold runner, it seems to operate properly in that I had a friend look while I depressed gas pedal to get engine above 3500RPM and he reported that it actuated. As for the Turbo boost being zero, I’m guessing I need a new turbo. Please someone tell me I’m wrong. Because now here’s problem three: the transmission. It used to have intermittent issues engaging reverse on an incline. Cut to now, where the drive gear won’t even engage 60% of the time, despite giving it gas and warming it up, etc.in the driveway, putting it into neutral from drive makes a LOUD, repeating gear clacking crunching sound for several seconds. Mechatronic or clutch plates, or both?

So basically I’m in a spot where at worst I’ll need to replace the turbo, service the DSG trans thoroughly, install new airbag system or at least clockspring, Track down faulty sensors/switches, and a new intake manifold. I’ve already thus far spent about $3500 keeping it on the road, and I haven’t even owned it for 10 months. The one thing I can be thankful for, as I read countless horror stories about it, is that my convertible top system operates flawlessly, and has never given even A single hint about potential future problems. So while I curse the gods for making me take the thousands of dollars I was intending to spend on performance products and pour it all into repairs over and over. I love the Eos, but I wouldn’t buy it again, nor would I recommend it if a friend asked me whether he should purchase one..

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Looks like you’re using a generic code reader. A VW-compatible diagnostic tool (see the link in my signature) will give you a lot more data about what’s going on with your turbo - you’ll be able to see the numbers reported by the MAF and MAP sensors

Proper diagnostics will also tell you which part of the airbag system you need to look at. It could be something as simple as the connection to the airbag off light, or the switch in the glovebox.

The gearbox will need servicing, that won’t be a DIY job. The rest of it you should be able to take care of with the help of VCDS or OBDeleven and a little investigation.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
When you do any work involving electrics it's recommended that you disconnect the battery first - did you do that? Your airbag faults can be one of two types. Type one they can be cleared with V.W compatible diagnostics, type two they are burned into the module which has to be replaced by a main dealer. I hope yours is the first type?

·
justcarkits
109 Posts
When changing the stereo did you disconnect the airbag warning light (next to hazard switch) ?
This will activate an error and can easily be reset with VCDS.
Same thing if you disconnected airbag switch on the glove box.
As per previous comment, VCDS will give you much more info than a generic fault code reader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts