Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the hard top convertible down. We had a down pour of rain. Everything got wet. Now the top won't close all of the way. Everything including windows close. The moon roof only closes about halfway. I can't see anything off of the track. Would water prevent it from closing all of the way?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Doesn't sound simple? You will somebody or a garage with V.W diagnostics equipment. There's a good reason for always keeping a car cover in the trunk to cover the car in this type of emergency situation.

·
Registered
EOS FSI 2.0L Turbo 2007, I bought new in Feb 2008
6 Posts
Check your boot lock as from memory a little plastic part that can wear out This is the last section of the robotic actuator sequence that would then send to the display sequence that the roof is fully closed. When you close the boot normally, the car then runs a second phase to pull the boot down more, you would typically hear that. If I'm right, then you no longer hear this and it would be the culprit in question to solve the roof sequence. Sorry no photos, just thought I'd respond with this as an option, perhaps google the boot latch mechanism as I remember some old clip where a mechanic had it apart and explained the part in question for the lock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts