Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Our be loved EOS has started to “leak” water when it rains or taken to the car wash in the trunk. I used the garden hose on the trunk area of the car and I think it might be coming from the tail lights. Has anyone had this happen.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
2,288 Posts
Check the position of the flap seal across the bottom of the rear segment of the roof that covers the boot water drainage trough - this slides easily from side to side and is often misaligned instead of being central across the car body. If this flap has been regularly lubricated with Krytox, it will slide easily for repositioning if necessary.

Second do not wash the car facing forwards down an incline as heavy hosing can overload the small capacity drainage channel and overflow into the boot/trunk adjacent to the roof segment.

Our MY09 initially had a problem with water in the boot/trunk lid that poured into the boot/trunk when the lid was opened - this was eventually traced to faulty silicon beads from fitting the tail lights during assembly. The solution involved removing the light assemblies, removing the original silicon beads and replacing the seal entirely with new silicon manually whilst continually watching the application of the bead.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
The lid lights, their gasket seals and cracked lenses are problems others have had. Also the led high level stop light. Water on the roof rolls over the lid and will find any gaps in light seals or cracked lenses. It's not the only source of leak, but you seem confident it's the lights. IMHO car washes are never a good idea for cabriolets. As well as parting the soft rubber roof seals they scour off the seal lubrication.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts