Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I have a question, how to remove the fog light grille, in order to have access to the light, to be able to replace it?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
There's a small round hole in it. Insert the puller from your tyre repair kit through the hole and pull. If you don't have a tyre repair kit or the puller from it, take a wire coathanger, bend a sharp 90-degree angle into it 8mm from the end, and use that. Be careful, as the plastic clips that hold it in can snap if they're old and brittle (though I haven't had problems with mine). This is the route you have to go if you need to replace the full light assembly.

If you only need to replace the bulb, remove the metal belly pan under the engine (bolts on both sides; screws along the bumper) and reach in from behind to replace the bulb.

Reactions: nico1111

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a small round hole in it. Insert the puller from your tyre repair kit through the hole and pull. If you don't have a tyre repair kit or the puller from it, take a wire coathanger, bend a sharp 90-degree angle into it 8mm from the end, and use that. Be careful, as the plastic clips that hold it in can snap if they're old and brittle (though I haven't had problems with mine). This is the route you have to go if you need to replace the full light assembly.

If you only need to replace the bulb, remove the metal belly pan under the engine (bolts on both sides; screws along the bumper) and reach in from behind to replace the bulb.
Thank you, will try that tomorrow.
I need to replace the whole lamp,as now the lens is cracked

1 - 3 of 3 Posts