Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy owner of a new 2013 Eos Komfort, but I have an issue with the ipod adapter in the center console. It seems to drain my ipod nano 5G every night. It looks like it won't let the ipod go into sleep mode when connected to the MDI. Checked with dealer who said I have the current software and it is operating as expected.

Any thoughts on this being a specific ipod issue or just something everyone deals with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK - Switched out my 5G nano with a borrowed 2G ipod touch and it seems to work fine.

Looks like I'll be upgrading my ipod! :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
OK - Switched out my 5G nano with a borrowed 2G ipod touch and it seems to work fine.

Looks like I'll be upgrading my ipod! :)
Glad you sorted that one, sometimes no one else has encountered a problem like yours so please don't feel like you have been ignored because we are not that rude here (unlike some other VW forums). Good luck with your new ride and enjoy the EOS experience. ****

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi,
I had a problem like that...

Somewhere in the Nano's lifecycle, possibly between 3G & 4G, Apple changed the voltage specs on the connector. 5v instead of 12v, I think. My car connector was one such older variety that supplies 12v and was not charging my newer ipod that takes 5v.

It was remedied with an aftermarket adapter to go between.
Something like one featured here on Amazon, and are plentiful on the likes of ebay.

But your case could be completely opposite.... new Eos with probably a newer connector with a 5v supply ...having trouble with the newer 5G nano, but works ok with an older 2G touch. Did I interpret that correctly?

Or, I wonder.... could the connector that is fitted to your newer car, still be an older type that supplies 12v?

Peter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Newer connector - as it's the one that has the tagging capability. I suppose there could just be an issue with the battery on the nano. I'm just happy to have a solution!

Now... let's see how long before I start upgrading other things! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts