Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first forum I have joined since going on line. I found this site whilst browsing 'Eos'. I feel a little out on a limb as I do not yet possess an Eos, although I take delivery of a new TFSi on 1st March, the day before my birthday. I had intended to replace my Mark 4 Golf GTi with the new Mark 5 GTi. However, I was immediatly smitten by the Eos on display in the showroom. 2 test drives later and my high expectations were not just met but exceeded! Fortunately, my wife (aka 'The Chancellor') was equally impressed, so plans were changed and an order placed. This will be a birthday/Xmas/Anniversary present ....pity about the daughters inheritance!
So, at present, I have to make do with photo's and the web.
But, I would very much like to hear from anyone concerning the Eos ownership experience....................

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Eos Ownership

Hi Gravey

I have just the same model as you have ordered.

I actually ordered mine as soon as I saw pictures of the Concept C in early 2004 so had a long time to look forward to it.

I drove the demonstrator as soon as it arrived in June and it met and exceeded my expectations too!

Mine was the first customer car, registered on launch day 14th July and I have now covered over 7000 miles in it.

It's always an occasion to drive it and I like everything about it. Although most road test reports have been very positive I often wonder if those who publish negative ones have actually driven the car or just copied someone else's negative report...

Not only does it have almost GTI performance and handling but it's actually much more practical than might be expected. It's not just a summer car; in fact I've had the roof down every month so far (including December!) but on rotten days you're just driving a normal coupe!

Contrary to what some write the rear seats are perfectly adequate even for large people, although sometimes you have to move the front seats forward a bit to accommodate them.

Even the boot is fine; I crammed loads in during the summer hols, but you have to wait until you get there to drop the roof!

This car is all things to all men and although it's been described as 'not for enthusiasts' and 'a bit girlie' (in the USA the ad agency is specifically targetting 'successful' 30-54 year-old women; why?) I don't agree. I am a real enthusiast (member of TVR Car Club and Ferrari Owner's Club!) and I have one! Maybe you need to own one for a bit to appreciate how good it really is! And then there's the build-quality, which is terrific although mechanically it's not without its minor glitsches.

I hope you appreciate yours as much as I like mine!

Surprisingly mine is the only silver one I have seen apart from one Belgian-registered Eos in Paris. Most people seem to go for dark colours and I've seen several in black and dark blue. But I think my silver one with red Nappa leather and Westwood wheels looks the dogs b****cks!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4 Posts
cloth or leather seats

Could someone tell me if when driving with roof down, on a very hot day (live in Australia) does leather seats make you sweat :rolleyes:

Thanks
EOS

·
Registered
212 Posts
Depends on the color and the humidity. If the leather is dark and the humidity is high then yes you are going to sweat. If the color is light it won't be as much. It is light and a very dry heat then no you won't sweat. Then again everyone's body is different but the above case works for me.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could someone tell me if when driving with roof down, on a very hot day (live in Australia) does leather seats make you sweat :rolleyes:

Thanks
EOS
Waiting on my Eos to be delivered, it should be built today as a matter of fact, but I have owned 3 other convertibles in Sydney. The first two had black fabric seats and the last one red leather. The reality is anything over about 22 degrees and high relative humidity and you will sweat. The hotter the temp or the higher humidity and the body responds by sweating.

When you drive as against sitting in traffic the airflow causes the sweat to evaporate and cool the body. Another option is to put the windows up and turn the air conditioning on to provide cooler air in the cabin. The last option is to put the roof up with the air conditioning on.

Some days sitting in heavy traffic the third option is the only effective one.

Personally I don't think there is a lot of difference between the leather and the fabric from this point of view. I don't believe that colour effects it all that much as well. The middle of summer can be a little too hot but the rest of the year and most evening are just perfect.

I would not leave the car parked in the sun for any period of time with the roof down anyway and the rest of the time you have more choices than anybody else on the road.

Roof up and sunroof closed.

Roof up and sunroof open.

Roof down and any combination of windows up or down.

Sounds great to me and I personally think leather seats are easier to keep clean in a convertible and look much classier :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts