Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Eos last Dec I knew it didn't have Bluetooth handsfree and figured it was something I could sort myself.
It's now time to sort it.

My Eos has:
RNS 510
Large MFD
MFSW

I don't want a Parrot or any other type that sits on the dashboard that's for sure, I am ok with removing trim as required to fit cabling if necessary.

I believe the VW factory fit is a module that sits under the passenger seat.
9W7 module?

I have also heard about Kufatec. Is this any good? Better maybe?

I obviously want to have functionality through my RNS 510, MFD and MFSW.

Can anyone talk to me about their experience of fitting these, using them etc etc. And fell free to offer advice as you see fit.

I have an iPhone 5 and the wife has an iPhone 4S so I would like them both to be able to connect although I appreciate it would only be one at a time.

In addition I don't think I have a microphone fitted either as the voice control function on my RNS 510 can't hear me so I would need to fit a mic as well.

Many thanks everyone

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Parrot CK3100 LCD. The control unit is fitted in the ashtray to keep it out of the way and with the lid closed out of sight is out of mind. I don't have a multi function steering wheel so can't give any advice on that. The mike comes through the dashboard and sits between the clocks. No problem for people hearing me with the roof up and much less wind noise than having it mounted higher up when the roof is down.

Hope this is useful info for you.

John.woody

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I've just had this unit fitted and so far the handsfree works fine with my iPhone 5.

I haven't been able stream music yet but the bluetooth symbol/button has appeared on the 'media' screen of my RNS 510 although it is greyed out.

I don't have a Fiscon menu on my MFD but I can't help thinking it needs enabling using Vag-Com.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts