Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
8,834 Posts
I can remember headlights with glass clip on lenses. The hard part getting inside these V.W pre-assembled units is getting all the edge glue soft at the same time. I would try an oven at an accurate temperature, but I think the original poster for this used a heat gun, prising up around the edges whilst moving the heat source?

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts
I can remember headlights with glass clip on lenses. The hard part getting inside these V.W pre-assembled units is getting all the edge glue soft at the same time. I would try an oven at an accurate temperature, but I think the original poster for this used a heat gun, prising up around the edges whilst moving the heat source?
I have always used a oven to get the heat evenly dispersed.

The guy in this video uses a custom made heat box with a heat gun stuck into one end

· Registered
8,834 Posts
I fitted electronic digital PID controllers to both wifeys fan ovens which will hold the cavity temperatures to +-1 deg. C. I use them a lot for heating, paint drying, softening and melting from 30 deg.C up to 220 deg.C. Most domestic electric ovens have really bad innacurate electro-mechanical thermostats and will never hold the temperatures printed in cooking recipies.
I caried out a small survey and found most home cooks turn the temperature dial to what they know from intuition works best for them and their oven, ignoring what the temperature on the dial says!

· Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
920 Posts
I fitted electronic digital PID controllers to both wifeys fan ovens which will hold the cavity temperatures to +-1 deg. C. I use them a lot for heating, paint drying, softening and melting from 30 deg.C up to 220 deg.C. Most domestic electric ovens have really bad innacurate electro-mechanical thermostats and will never hold the temperatures printed in cooking recipies.
I caried out a small survey and found most home cooks turn the temperature dial to what they know from intuition works best for them and their oven, ignoring what the temperature on the dial says!
I use a Infrared Thermometer to gage the temps of the headlight when I cook them

Attachments

· Registered
17 Posts
We have a 2008 EOS 2.0. It's headlights are oxidized and even after a decent polishing, they are not really what I would call excellent. Is there a reasonably priced headlight assembly available in the US? I know that there are some replacements (not VW, but Hella, etc.) available in the EU, but I have yet to find new replacement headlight assemblies for this car that are available in the USA.

Thanks!
I used the 3M over the counter head light restore kit. Worked okay for about a year or 2 but decided to have it done professionally by my detailer. Came out great and no need to buy aftermarket

21 - 25 of 25 Posts