Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm a new owner of a pre-loved 2007 Eos and simply adore it! I'm wondering if anyone has added on an aftermarket rear parking sensor feature... Mine didn't come with it but I know I'd find it helpful. Is this something that can be installed? If so, is it a costly add-on? Being the busy holiday season and all, my dealership didn't have many answers about it with key people being away so I'm wondering if any owners here have some ideas/insight!

Thank you!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I believe that all European models, at least up until about 2010, came with reversing sensors as standard. They did release a 'base' model around 2011 which didn't have them but they probably didn't sell too many of those. So that's probably why no-one in Europe has responded about after market ones - everyone in Europe has them.
It was been mentioned a while back that the USA/Canada models were not fitted with sensors as standard, but no-one knew why.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Our UK 2007 has the oem parking sensor but it is not ideal. It doesn't cover the front and is blind around the sides of the rear fender.

There are some nice aftermarket sensors that give distances on a small display, as well as the rapidly beeping tone as you get closer. I think most of them need largish holes drilled in the plastic fenders. They will need wiring into the reversing light and somewhere to mount the display. The best (more expensive) reversing sensor designs use both ultrasonic(cheapest) and Doppler radar principles.

Before launching into an aftermarket parking sensor, I think I would consider a reversing camera. There are some that will mount behind the trunk badge.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's why I bought the lux model. I have had them installed on 2 different cars. It just depends if Vw offers them. I have no doubt someone will do it for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts