Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 VW EOS and I changed the window regulator. The issue I have is everything works, but the air bag light has came on when I was done with it. I verified all connections on the door. Is there a way to reset it so it goes away? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Did you hang your door card off the wiring when I posted not to? :(
Did you turn on the key whilst the door card was off and the yellow connector was not mated?
Did you mate the bright yellow connector?

You may now need to get a scan done, but IMHO if there is no problem with wiring or connectors an airbag disconnected fault stored usually clears once the connection is made?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello I already checked all connections and I even disconnected the battery. It still shows up. I may just have to take it to a mechanic for a quick scan.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Good luck. I hope it's a fault that can be cleared easily with diagnostics because some electrical spike faults on airbag controllers can leave them permanently disabled and they would have to replace it with new. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi if it is the seat airbag warning that has come on it needs to be cleared via VCDS or similar as simply restoring the bad connection does not seem to clear the fault (at least this is my experience). The yellow connectors under the front seats are really easy to disturb!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts