Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My AC is not blowing cool air, it hasnt for a while. I wanted to start with the basics before getting complex

Firstly, the climatrix is screwed up. when I turn the knob to the correct temp, it may revert to another temp, or increase the fan speed, but does not blow out cool air.

I first
I added freon, the gauge says its full after I ran the pump for a few seconds. Wondering about that, never added A/C since I had the car, and the car is a 2007. (kept the engine running and turned up the AC) - when tested, still warm air coming out.
Check the fuse box on the side of the door - here is where the issue lies. I came across something interesting. I see a fuse missing in the fuse box. (position 40). I see another fuse that should be 20 amps, but in the fusebox, its 10 Amps. (position 1) Im not sure if this fuse has always been missing , but wondering if I should replace/put one in and swap it out. Check the attachments, you will see the fuse map. (Im getting this information from the EOS Car Manual.)
- Position 1 (20)b) there's a 10 amp in that position in my car, but should be a 20 Amp as per manual
- Position 40 (40) Noting in that position.

Am I wrong, or should this be corrected? Once I clear this up, I will test, and check the AC. If still not blowing cool air, then , I will check the posts for "AC not blowing cool air". I just want to verify the fuse locations in the instrument panel/fuse box. Simple stuff first.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Never rely 100% on one information source for fuse maps. V.W seem to change them week by week or month by month in production according to the different build specs. The manual is usually fairly close but the best info comes from using your VIN number and V.Ws VIN specific service information. If a fuse is fitted and not blown, leave it alone until you are confident about the information you have.

Diagnostics like vcds can report a lot of info about air con, simple stuff like a blown or missing fuse should be easy for it. I wouldn't start adding gas on a whim without first diagnosing the problem? The V.W system has its own pressure sensors but it's adviseable to second check them with a manifold and gauges in case they are faulty. There's good advice in this link:

If you do NOT know what you are doing or have not been properly trained, STOP! HALT! ARRÊT ¡ALTO! 停止

·
South Australian Owner
190 Posts
My AC is not blowing cool air, it hasnt for a while. I wanted to start with the basics before getting complex

Firstly, the climatrix is screwed up. when I turn the knob to the correct temp, it may revert to another temp, or increase the fan speed, but does not blow out cool air.

I first
I added freon, the gauge says its full after I ran the pump for a few seconds. Wondering about that, never added A/C since I had the car, and the car is a 2007. (kept the engine running and turned up the AC) - when tested, still warm air coming out.
Check the fuse box on the side of the door - here is where the issue lies. I came across something interesting. I see a fuse missing in the fuse box. (position 40). I see another fuse that should be 20 amps, but in the fusebox, its 10 Amps. (position 1) Im not sure if this fuse has always been missing , but wondering if I should replace/put one in and swap it out. Check the attachments, you will see the fuse map. (Im getting this information from the EOS Car Manual.)
- Position 1 (20)b) there's a 10 amp in that position in my car, but should be a 20 Amp as per manual
- Position 40 (40) Noting in that position.

Am I wrong, or should this be corrected? Once I clear this up, I will test, and check the AC. If still not blowing cool air, then , I will check the posts for "AC not blowing cool air". I just want to verify the fuse locations in the instrument panel/fuse box. Simple stuff first.
Mine had the same problem, and only one mechanic was able to actually test the compressor pressure which was too low.
Changed the compressor for around $800 and voila- no issues thereafter. It was around 6 years old when that happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts