Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Anyone heard of Diane?!

7K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Scooby Doo 
#1 ·
I'm looking into having a bluetooth handsfree kit fitted to my new Eos and have been directed towards Parrot.

The fitter asked if my Eos had the Diane Sound System as this is not compatible with Parrot. He said it is found on newer Golf and Passat. I have searched on VW and VWvortex and can find no reference to Diane - who the hell is she?!:confused:

Has anyone heard of this, as far as can see I have RCD 300 with iPod connected.

Many thanks in anticipation....

Sue

#3 ·
Not sure, I did question it at the time and he made the comment about not knowing who she was and confirmed the spelling. I'll ask the question though as I don't know where he was getting his information from, I haven't found anything on Parrot either!

Thanks

#4 ·
Diane Audio... Scoob that one takes the cake!!

thisis not what you have asked, but I use the Pioneer avic-D3 (us model number) head unit which has a blue tooth option in it. If you have the dynaudio speakers, and there is an incompatability issue with bluethooth with the stock head unit, you may want to look at the pioneer. Besides navigation and proper Ipod control, it has a host of sound output options tha tthe dynaudio speakers, or any Diane, would relish. Also, the interface can be altered to match the red lit interior of the eos. the unit has some quirks, otherwise its quite the renassaunce unit!

#5 ·
Bluetooth kits

I have had the Sony Ericsson HCB-400 Bluetooth car fitted to my Eos without any problems. I have the standard RCD-300 stereo with factory fitted Ipod dock, and the fitter was able to route the sound through my car speakers. The RCD-300 stereo uses the Quadlock connection system.

My mate has the Parrot kit fitted to his Astra TwinTop, however he has had a few problems with his (faulty unit and the second unit blew his fuses!). The HCB-400 kit is voice activated and can connect up to 5 different phones and was only £60 from Amazon.

I have tried making a call with the roof down, but that was a complete waste of time even with the wind deflector in place!

#6 ·
I rang them back yesterday and suggested Dynaudio - he thought it was more than possible!! I'll find out when they come to fit the unit.

I have the standard RCD 300 so I think I should be ok.

One of the reasons for going with the parrot system is that I currently have a motorola phone but always take advantage of any upgrades so it has to be a system compatible with many phones!

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Sue

#7 ·
I have the RCD 500 Audio System with the in-dash 6 CD stacker with the Dynaudio upgrade. I have A VW Dealer fitted Blue-tooth Kit which is a Parrot unit and an iPod connector so you can have it all :D

#11 ·
Parrot Fitted

Thought I'd let you know I had the Parrot CK3000 fitted last Thursday and it works a dream. Very small and tidy and works though the stereo. I haven't got the multi-function steering wheel so not sure if it'll work through that. Also haven't tried using it with the roof down - not many opportunities to actually have the roof down at the moment, but that's all my fault for getting a convertible apparently!!

#12 ·
Thought I'd let you know I had the Parrot CK3000 fitted last Thursday and it works a dream. Very small and tidy and works though the stereo. I haven't got the multi-function steering wheel so not sure if it'll work through that. Also haven't tried using it with the roof down - not many opportunities to actually have the roof down at the moment, but that's all my fault for getting a convertible apparently!!

Do you have any pics to share of what it looks like in your car? Any visible wires showing? Where did you put it? I want one!

#15 ·
I had an ipod cradle and the parrot kit which were fitted at the VW Dealer, the ipod cradle is where you have your Parrot kit and my parrott sits flat to the dash the other side of the radio....... So your not alone and VW said nothing to me about the airbag. That's not to say what neh321 isn't correct nothing will ever suprise me about VW.

#18 ·
Now the one thing that annoys me with all this chat about BT is why oh why it is not available on the car. This is a new car and even the new model year hasn't introduced the option. It's not like VW don't offer this as it is available on a number of their models. :mad:

Don

#19 ·
I agree with Don, there is an awful lot of technology in the EOS, BUT no Bluetooth and while we are on the subject, no IDTAG display for the iPod.

Pretty crap, but I guess I'd have to find something to whinge about. Just ask the wife!

#21 ·
I've been reading another thread and I think I've got the photo bit sussed!

As you can see the microphone is next to the windscreen and it's still really effective when the roof is down - I was well impressed!!

Must admit to being rather pleased with myself about the photo bit :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.