Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i goofed. i got some universal fit trico wiper blade replacements and when i trial fit the bc adapter for 22mm arms it seemed like i would have to force it in and then good luck on ever getting it back out again. so i removed the c insert as directed for 19mm arms and the fit was loose, but it seemed to hold. well i was wrong, the long wiper blade is flopping halfway out of the arm bracket and making a slapping sound at the start of each upstroke.

did i get this wrong? is it 22 or 19mm? or do i just need to tweak the wiper bracket for a snugger fit (presumably because someone tried to force a 22mm adapter into a 19mm arm)? and of course i've already thrown the c inserts away if i did need them.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
FWIW I moved away from the Universal fit all type and now only buy Bosch Aero which wipe cleaner and the blades seem to last longer? I can't get my head around your description as Universal could mean several different part combos. I would warn you not to take chances getting the spline end fitment wrong because once broken or smoothed they won't keep the blades in the correct position and you would need to replace the mechanism assembly. You may not find out until you get some snow on the screen, the wipers go out of position sync and disaster for the rest of the drive. Because of this damage risk, I always use a sharp point and run down between each spline to keep the gaps clean and the splines sharp. Always use a puller (Ebay) to remove the arms, trying to lever them up off their splines with a screwdriver can do damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts