Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Vw Eos 2.0T. The wires that pull the window up and down tangled up and made the plastic gear that connects to the window motor snap apart. Its very hard to find a reasonably priced window regulator except one i found on ebay from a 2013 2nd gen eos. The seller claims it can fit a 2007-2014 vw eos. Will there be no problem fitting it into my 2008 Eos?
White Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
If you look up the window regulator motor for a 2008 EOS and look at the fitment cross reference, it says 2007-2008 only

This is the one for 2009-2015

You also need to order by vehicle chassis code as it looks like there are three different ones. I suspect this has to do with the presence of folding mirrors etc.

Of course, this is not to say you can't MAKE the newer one work.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Let's be clear on the OP's photo and what is needed: The Window regulator motor assembly with integral electronic controller doesn't seem to be bad and rarely is if teeth on the blue gear are ok. What's needed is a replacement window regulator assembly which is supplied without the motor.

There are no electronics involved and the OP is just replacing the regulator as a mechanical assembly. It comprises the nylon drum pre-wound with new wire and glass lifters, fitted around pulleys on the carrier plate. The only issue is, are the window glasses and door skins the same on the 1st and 2nd gen EOSs? Folding mirror operation shouldn't have anything to do with it unless the electronic controller is being replaced.

Check part numbers for the WINDOW REGULATOR assembly, not the motor/controller. They are handed parts for left and right doors but I can't see why they would be different on 1st & 2nd gen.? Don't buy used because the wire is likely to be rusty and bad. Replace the other door regulator at the same time to get piece of mind the top isn't going to fail part open due to a jammed window. If windows fail, the top won't work. Search my username/window regulator for info on replacing one.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
Let's be clear on the OP's photo and what is needed: The Window regulator motor assembly with integral electronic controller doesn't seem to be bad and rarely is if teeth on the blue gear are ok. What's needed is a replacement window regulator assembly which is supplied without the motor.

There are no electronics involved and the OP is just replacing the regulator as a mechanical assembly. It comprises the nylon drum pre-wound with new wire and glass lifters, fitted around pulleys on the carrier plate. The only issue is, are the window glasses and door skins the same on the 1st and 2nd gen EOSs? Folding mirror operation shouldn't have anything to do with it unless the electronic controller is being replaced.

Check part numbers for the WINDOW REGULATOR assembly, not the motor/controller. They are handed parts for left and right doors but I can't see why they would be different on 1st & 2nd gen.? Don't buy used because the wire is likely to be rusty and bad. Replace the other door regulator at the same time to get piece of mind the top isn't going to fail part open due to a jammed window. If windows fail, the top won't work. Search my username/window regulator for info on replacing one.
By bad, if its just a regulator, its universal across the entire platform

1 - 5 of 5 Posts