Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this item on Amazon, its also available via AliExpress. It has VW markings on the rear that seem to indicate its a Volkswagen of China product, although I have never seen one of these before. It fits fairly well, better with the Aux jack removed. Was advertised for the MK6 but AliExpress sellers claim MK5 as well.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Not sure what the gain is? I have this posh leather covered hinged lid on mine with a thin flat insert in the bottom. Putting a liner tray inside would reduce the space. Are some EOSs different to mine?
White Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
136 Posts
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Grey Bumper

Mine is different yet again!
The larger of the two areas I use for a de-mister pad, and the other one holds my bottle of Krytox.
Have to say yours is more useful Vox 👍

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what the gain is? I have this posh leather covered hinged lid on mine with a thin flat insert in the bottom. Putting a liner tray inside would reduce the space. Are some EOSs different to mine?
View attachment 24556
For me, its to keep the small items up top within easy reach. So instead of digging inside my storage compartment for a pen or business cards, they are all within easy reach. Yes, with the tray in place, you lose a bit of storage space for large items, assuming you carry large items but there is always the glove box for those items anyway

·
Registered
136 Posts
For me, its to keep the small items up top within easy reach. So instead of digging inside my storage compartment for a pen or business cards, they are all within easy reach. Yes, with the tray in place, you lose a bit of storage space for large items, assuming you carry large items but there is always the glove box for those items anyway
Your right.
It's all about personal choice and what you want to use it for.
(Tempted to get a Dremel to it and wack a mini fridge on its back in there though). 🤣

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right.
It's all about personal choice and what you want to use it for.
(Tempted to get a Dremel to it and wack a mini fridge on its back in there though). 🤣
Personally, I wouldn't cut up what you have, you can easily fit a console from a wrecked car if you want more storage space. It's not complicated to remove the console either, as its separate from the main center console.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Tempted to get a Dremel to it and wack a mini fridge on its back in there though). 🤣
I've got the mini fridge as standard in my EOS already. Haven't you got one? Mine is in the glove box, but I've just modified it to cool my Chinese Android head unit. The Chinese are never any good at understanding semiconductor cooling requirements in the real world of global warming. :)

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the mini fridge as standard in my EOS already. Haven't you got one? Mine is in the glove box, but I've just modified it to cool my Chinese Android head unit. The Chinese are never any good at understanding semiconductor cooling requirements in the real world of global warming. :)
Thats a good idea, even the aftermarket big brands have cooling issues, especially with their double din unit. There just isn't enough space in the dash to provide adequate air circulation

·
Registered
136 Posts
We know what you keep in your glove box, and it ain't gloves.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
We know what you keep in your glove box, and it ain't gloves
Hmm, - A 'no batteries to go' flat mini analogue multimeter, a diagnostics dongle and a key for the roof pump for when it goes wrong!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts