Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondered if anybody knew whether the door locks close automatically as standard when you get to about 5mph or is it something the dealer needs to setup.

Cheers,
Si

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Laura. Any news on your door problems? Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Si

·
Registered
104 Posts
Took to the body shop today. Took them an hour to do while I waited. They did say though that the dealers didnt put the trim back correctly. My comment was thats nothing new. The guy did say at the body shop the manager there was away last week. My answer to him was, you shouldn't have to deal with the manager to get a good service. He did say the manager will be having a few words about your situation. The guys in the body shop were great, knew what customer service was!!!!!
They loved the number plate, as well!!!
Laura

·
Registered
52 Posts
yes they lock automatically

both with my jetta and bug and now my eos, the doors lock when you reach about 10 miles per hour. i believe it's standard on all vw's. if i'm not mistaken i think i even saw it referred to in the manual. of course if your like most of us we never take it out of the glove box. except for one member on this site who put it by the toilet....:D

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hi,

Just wondered if anybody knew whether the door locks close automatically as standard when you get to about 5mph or is it something the dealer needs to setup.

Cheers,
Si

Apparently there's a set-up menu available for the dealer to set up all sorts of things as you like them, and when the doors lock automatically is one of those things. Don't think my Dealer knows anything about this however and I wasn't offered any choices, so everything is as it was set at the factory. My doors lock 30 seconds after unlocking them if no-one opens a door for one thing. Also only the driver's door opens with one click on the fob; a double-click opens both doors. This may be factory default but some Owners may find their cars configured differently.

I haven't bothered changing anything as it seems to work fine as it is!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also only the driver's door opens with one click on the fob; a double-click opens both doors. This may be factory default but some Owners may find their cars configured differently.
Hi, this is how my doors operate too. It is described to work like this in my eos manual, book 3.1, pages 30 and 31.
But it also says that this can be altered by using "programming in the convenience menu"

As for automatically locking the doors at speed, then I received a letter from vw late last year that offered this service, as some people seemed to "be afraid of car jacking/hyjacking". This service had be done by the dealer at a cost of about 40 quid.
I have not had this done.

ps I have never tried to open the doors whilst the car is moving ! :eek:

Paul...

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hi, this is how my doors operate too. It is described to work like this in my eos manual, book 3.1, pages 30 and 31.
But it also says that this can be altered by using "programming in the convenience menu"

As for automatically locking the doors at speed, then I received a letter from vw late last year that offered this service, as some people seemed to "be afraid of car jacking/hyjacking". This service had be done by the dealer at a cost of about 40 quid.
I have not had this done.

ps I have never tried to open the doors whilst the car is moving ! :eek:

Paul...

Me neither!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts