Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I test-drove an EOS this past Saturday, and I'm getting an EOS for sure. "Hardtop convertible with sun roof" got me sold, since I do more highway driving now, and my current rag top started to drive me nuts with the noise at high speed.

I read that all new VWs have auxiliary jacks in the glove compartment. I was wondering if it was a regular stereo mini jack (or something else)? I figured if that was the case I don't actually need an iPod adapter, and just use the aux jack.

I hope this club grows a lot bigger! The dealer I went to only had THREE EOS. WTF?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Adapter

The glove compartment jack takes a 3.5 mm stereo plug. It is the same size as the output jack from an iPod. So far, I have found that you can but the adapter at either Apple or Radio Shack. To hear the iPod, just plug it in, turn on the sound system, put CD twice and you'll see "Auxilary In". Turn on your iPod, press play and your all set!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is this only on the 2007 model? Our EOS (2.0 Turbo Sport) was registered in June, it was the dealers demonstrator. We have the 6-CD Changer and were thinking about buying an itrip for the ipod. Is it easy to find?

cheers
Pam

·
Registered
3 Posts
iPod jack is in the glove compartment

I found the iPod jack in the glove compartment. It is located on the top right side surrounded by a white platic rectangle. I have read that the jack may not have been available on some earlier models.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I-Pod Jack

Hi All
No I-pod jack fitted in the glove box of my Eos Sport, which came with the six in dash CD unit.
The car has just been delivered, and I know the build date was November 06. May be the cars built for the European market do not have this as a standard fitments? whats more the CD head unit cannot read MP3 disc's.

Bill T

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi jpcrawford,

I had the Itrip for my pod with my last car and in all honesty, it's not that great.

The sound quality isn't fantastic and the volume is very poor. It's also fiddly to use. I don't know if this is true but I heard that they are also illegal as they are a transmitter.

I'd reccommend the built in ipod connector or auxilary jack if the 6cd changer is in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts