Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I installed an after market radio on my 2010 VW EOS. I put up a back up camera by commecting it to the reverse light. I connected the video input in the radio and also the camera trigger wire with the same wire that powers the camera as soon as I put reverse. As I put on reverse, the radio shows a yellow exclamation mark. I tried two different cameras. They have a light on the camera which lights up as soon as i put in reverse which means thst the camera is recieving power but no video signal.
Thank you

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
If the radio video input uses a yellow phono type plug then the signal from the camera will be composite video. You will need to check the aftermarket radio spec. for the video input standard and look for settings you may be able to change, also what your camer puts out. E.g the radio backup video may expect European 625 line PAL and your USA camera bought locally could be 525 lines NTSC?

If the radio camera input and camera is a USB webcam style, you shouldn't have a video format compatibility issue. I wish backup camera systems were like that, because you could get better HD digital quality video. You should also be able to plug a powered backup camera into a PC video card yellow connector and the PC capture software will tell you what the video standard is?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. I just checked. So when my car is in accessory mode and I put the gear on reverse, the camera comes up absolutely fine. But when the engine is one the exclamation mark shows up in when I put on reverse

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
If you get a picture it's not what I thought. Post a decent photo of the error you see and your connection diagram?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts