Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope someone can advise!

Battery died a few months back, but since regular running the car has been fine (sometimes struggles a little if left for several days without turning over).

The car was used fine a few days ago, but the next morning really struggled and wouldn't turn over - at this point when opening the car door, the window would drop as expected and raise when the door closed.

I ordered a new battery, and before receiving it went back to the car to try turning it over again. I didn't notice in any window issues at this point, and am certain it opened and closed correctly when I got it, but when I got out I could hear the window contact the frame as it did not drop.

All others windows work correctly, but the drivers is stuck in the 'up' position.

It took an age to fully charge the battery, but still this did not help with the window.

I can only think that the drivers side window switch is pulling a current from being stuck in the 'up' position, and it is this that has drained the battery.

What are anyone's thoughts on this - is this likely/what else could it be? How could I test for this fault?

Thanks all in advance! 馃憤

Registered
VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG
Can you operate the window with the window up/down-button?
Is the oneclick down operation work?
Have you re-learned the top and bottom positions?

Registered
I had same sort of issue with mine, what I did was bring all the windows down together as far as they go and it reset itself, worked for me.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

Registered
Battery died a few months back, but since regular running the car has been fine (sometimes struggles a little if left for several days without turning over).
Those are all the warning signs of a battery that is failing, failed, or a car discharge fault. You play with fire and risk damaging sensitive computer modules if you keep trying to start the car with a bad battery. The window switch has nothing to do with it being 'stuck'.

If the windows 'One Touch' reset procedure doesn't work, you will need somebody to use a diagnostics tool or know how to get bad module code cleared. But if you continue using a battery that is bad to save money, it will be a waste of time because the same problem will come back next time the car cranks over slowly, or you left the battery too long without it getting charge.

'Regular running' is fooling you. Your battery cannot hold charge without running which it should do for at least 4 -6 weeks from fully charged. At the moment, it sounds like it can only hold charge to start for a couple of days?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all,

There is no operating from the switch at all.

@voxmagna - It only died the once a few months ago, since then we start every few days but sometimes it does struggle. I wasn't using a bad battery to save money, just figured it was discharging due to limited use (we also often have to switch cars on the drive and this car is the lesser used so thought keeping on starting this car and it not getting properly driven, coupled with cold weather was the issue).

My new battery arrived yesterday, so I am good on that front. I looked up the 'One Touch' reset procedure, but I can;t even get the window to move - is there a manual way of doing this, or is the 'One Touch' reset procedure just to do that - reset the 'One Touch' function but normal up and movement is still working?

I know someone who can probably clear the codes.

One last thing, I think the radio code is 0000, but how can I confirm this before replacing the battery in case the code gets wiped?

Registered
V.W radio codes tend to remain but I think might be lost if the radio is left without power for a long time unless you use a maintainer power supply? I got my radio code from a V.W Stealer but haven't needed it yet. How did you do the windows reset? It should be using a key in the drivers door lock? If key in lock doesn't move the window you are best to get a diagnostic check done and could be needing a repair to the electronics.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

So basically, before fitting new battery, existing one totally died so couldn't do anything to try and get radio codes.

Put new battery in, friend came over with plug-in computer and saw a 'freeze' code stored which he deleted.

Window reset, wouldn't go to the the very top at first but with a few different resets using the car key, found its true position.

Radio came on fine.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts