Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking to lower my eos on some coilovers, and improve handling. So I was wondering what are the best affordable coilovers. If anyone has done this or has pictures, it would be greatly appreciated. I’ve heard st suspension is good and am considering getting them. But I want to know if there’s anything else I should consider.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
62 Posts
I spent quite a few hours researching this topic and found that most coilovers are optimized for track use and comfort is secondary. I had to expand my research to include other brands of automobiles and even went so far as to consult a local VW/Audi tuning shop. I came to the conclusion that the Vogtland coilovers were the best choice for comfort and the price was reasonable. Purchasing these local was expensive so I bought them from a UK dealer and even with $100 shipping, they were still $300 less than what I could purchase them for in the US (total was $660 shipped). The ride quality is better than the OE Sport suspension on my VR6 EOS and only a little bit more harsh going over bumps. I also replaced all four shock/strut mounts with OE items. The kick in the balls was the cost for installation, every shop I talked with wanted close to 1k for installation and a full day to do the install. If I had a lift in my garage, I would of done it myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent quite a few hours researching this topic and found that most coilovers are optimized for track use and comfort is secondary. I had to expand my research to include other brands of automobiles and even went so far as to consult a local VW/Audi tuning shop. I came to the conclusion that the Vogtland coilovers were the best choice for comfort and the price was reasonable. Purchasing these local was expensive so I bought them from a UK dealer and even with $100 shipping, they were still $300 less than what I could purchase them for in the US (total was $660 shipped). The ride quality is better than the OE Sport suspension on my VR6 EOS and only a little bit more harsh going over bumps. I also replaced all four shock/strut mounts with OE items. The kick in the balls was the cost for installation, every shop I talked with wanted close to 1k for installation and a full day to do the install. If I had a lift in my garage, I would of done it myself.
Thanks man I appreciate you answering my thread. I eventually caved and just went with H&R lowering springs. I will post the results once I install them.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
62 Posts
A good choice but limits the amount you can lower your car, hence why I didn't go that route. Coilovers give you the ability to adjust the front/rear amount of drop. I ended up with 2.5" on the rear and 2" on the front for a level drop, never cared to have a "rake". H&R's would not of achieve that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts