Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the pacific northwest. I am expecing my car in about two months. I am really excited to hear from someone who has put the smart top kit in their EOS. I also want to see if anyone has figured a way to integrate a phone so that it works through the phone button on the dash. I also enjoy XM radio more than Sirius and want to know if I can switch it out somehow. Do much anticipation . . with so many weeks to wait. Love the sight!!!!:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
You've got a great car to look forward to. I'm in the UK so no idea about compatible radios, sorry. I'm asking about phone interface next week, it looks like moto 3100 maybe, I'll keep posted. If you are thinking about smart tops, step back and look around. VW could easily include this, but they don't, and probably for good reason. If you fit it you could invalidate your warranty, as far as your roof goes. If you made a very expensive complicated bit of kit would you stand over someone sticking things in your programme? 26 seconds! look around, enjoy the day, pick some music, reflect on your lucky life (quickly). I hope you don't think I'm being patronising, the V6 DSG is a fantastic car, you have so much to look forward to. I've had a great fortnight wih mine. But, I believe VW are not happy with these modules, and are going to do something. I hope you will enjoy.
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the reply John. I don't think I'll get too excited about tearing apart my brand new car. I have a friend who owns a mercedes clk convertible and his key fob will put the top down. My wife also had a 98 cabrio where the key fob opened and closed all four windows. I'm sure down the line vw will implement this feature. Do you know if the 3.2 6 is the same type of engine as the VR6?

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's it, the same as in the Golf R32. I'm still running mine in gently, but the power and the gearbox are the smoothest I've driven.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello from the pacific northwest. I am expecing my car in about two months. I am really excited to hear from someone who has put the smart top kit in their EOS. I also want to see if anyone has figured a way to integrate a phone so that it works through the phone button on the dash. I also enjoy XM radio more than Sirius and want to know if I can switch it out somehow. Do much anticipation . . with so many weeks to wait. Love the sight!!!!:)
Check this out, 50 bucks and switch will be for you. Anyone know where or what it takes to pull the Sirius module?
http://oempl.us/product_info.php?products_id=56

1 - 5 of 5 Posts