Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 eos it has navigation Sirius radio. and every action there is but I cannot locate the Bluetooth. it’s on the stereo the button it’s on the steering wheel. I checked under the passenger seat and there’s a Sirius module. Where else should I look for it. there’s no prompt pair so I don’t know if I have it or not please help.

·
Life is good... so far
1,060 Posts
07 and 08 had the buttons for the the BT but no hardware to make it work. They later came out with something called Vocl to make the system work available through dealers. Some fitted Parrot units. The other option if you don't have DynAudio or the Rockford or Fisher upgrades is to replace the head unit with a different type which will have most of the desired features like BT, Apple Car play or its Google equivalent.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Agreed. OE infotainment can be a long way behind in features and performance. Research what processor your unit probably has (probably 650mhz). Even if you had the hardware, it could struggle to keep up with its main functions whilst streaming stereo music. OE navigation upgrades can be pricey at the stealers. A good test for head unit processing is to turn it off, drive a journey then see how long it takes for the satnav to udate your current location for a detailed map and put it on the screen.

Most non-OE Android based head units with 2Ghz+ processors will do pretty much all the things you want and more. BlueTooth wireless standards have also improved in the last few years and a more up to date replacement will function better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07 and 08 had the buttons for the the BT but no hardware to make it work. They later came out with something called Vocl to make the system work available through dealers. Some fitted Parrot units. The other option if you don't have DynAudio or the Rockford or Fisher upgrades is to replace the head unit with a different type which will have most of the desired features like BT, Apple Car play or its Google equivalent.
It has DynAudio so what are my options. I’m confused why did they put microphone in a pad on the steering wheel and one on the stereo. is there a plug and play for it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This is the plug-and-play retrofit kit the dealers use, with full instructions. You will need a diagnostic tool like VCDS or OBDeleven (link in my signature).

There are better Bluetooth modules from the mk6 that will give you more functionality, but that's the quickest, easiest solution for you.

If you already have Bluetooth, it will go into pairing mode when you start the car - so your phone should see "VW UHV" or something similar if it's there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts