Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My book lock suddenly stopped working and I can no longer lock the boot. Any ideas why this may have happened and how to fix? as can’t visit a garage at the moment. TIA

·
Registered
269 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean by "lock the boot"? The boot doesn't have a lock on it. Do you mean it won't latch, or the pull-down no longer works, or the handle (which is only used to open it) no longer functions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That latch mechanism isn’t activating to lock the boot. You press the button on the fob and it makes a whirring noise but nothing happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I close the boot and it just stays ajar and doesn’t lock. No obstructions or anything.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its pretty easy to test. With the boot lid open, use a screwdriver or something to close the catch on the bootlid, and the bar side of the latch on the boot sill should lower. Open the boot (eg remote, or door button, or handle) and it should open the latch and raise the bar.

Its funny its making noise but not moving. Maybe its seized and moving only a little; or a wiring or fuse issue.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I close the boot and it just stays ajar and doesn’t lock.
As paul-c says, I think your problem is the pull down motor may be making a noise but isn't moving the keep roller up and down? When the roller is down, it's too far down for the upper lid lock claw to engage with it. Do as he says and watch for the roller moving up and down. If it doesn't move (up) but you are getting noise from it for up and down, it's faulty inside. If there's no noise at all, investigate power and the roof controller.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. My book lock suddenly stopped working and I can no longer lock the boot. Any ideas why this may have happened and how to fix? as can’t visit a garage at the moment. TIA
There is a small metal clip that is lodged into the boot lid at the lower left side. This clip can easily come out over time. If this clip Is missing the boot will not show it is locked.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Did you manage to fix your boot lock issue as I have the same problem?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
There is a small metal clip that is lodged into the boot lid at the lower left side.
Photo please because I always thought the trigger for boot locking came from a switch in the upper lid lock which connects to the central convenience control unit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got this issue also, I took out the plastic panel to have a look and then the pull down motor started to work, so I put it back together it worked for a bit then stopped again, is the pull down motor linked to the boot/trunk lock.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
They aren't linked together by simple wires but are linked through computer control modules that operate them using Canbus codes. You never want to accept an intermittent problem with trunk locking and pulldown. It could cause your roof to stop it's sequence leaving it half open or your trunk lid locked with no access.

·
Registered
7 Posts
At the moment I've moved the bottom latch down just so I can lock it., Im going to order a top latch even though it latches and releases as it should.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I hope it will work for you when the part arrives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After striping the old lock off, I've found the issue, one of the three pins has snapped off due to the damp I the boot.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I've found the issue
The 'issue' is a wet trunk? The three pins are power and control. If those pins are corroded investigate water leaks into the trunk, search here for 'gremlins', look at connectors on the roof control and parking control modules.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After fitting a new latch all working fine, I do have a lot of damp in boot but can't locate from where. A couple of years ago I fabricated a stainless box to protect the roof motor. All the rubbers look good.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Good for the roof motor, but if you search you'll find a mod. from me which removes the box and foam completely. That way it's left open and runs cooler with fewer over temp lockouts in Summer. Unfortunately there are a lot of critical electronic connectors in the trunk to go bad and give big headaches trying to find faults.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The car I bought boot lock from just had the motor for the roof out of the box and foam, is this OK to do, his boot was bone dry tho no leaks at all

1 - 19 of 19 Posts