Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Step 1 will be to charge up or replace the battery. Then the windows can relearn what's up and down, the roof won't operate until the windows are happy. I wanted to know the motor because the VR6 has the batteries in the back, or something; at least with the TFSI its easy to get to the battery when its dead.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Turned out that this fuse had blown! Replaced and got the roof to believe it was down at least, so it allowed the windows to go up. I also had the car plugged into VCDS and it showed this error:

Sounds like there is a fault somewhere that I need to find before trying to get the roof back down!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, anyone that was interested in my problem may be interested to find out more...

finally got into the boot and found under the carpeted floor, around the spare wheel there was a good few of inches of water! The roof motor and pump housing was completely saturated and the motor is looking a little bit sorry for itself:

I’m drying the whole thing out for the time being then I’ll give the roof a go again, maybe at the weekend. Those foam cases that the roof are protected in are absolutely shocking, VW should be ashamed of themselves, I’m surprised it wasn’t a recall!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
It has all been said and done before. This site has a good search facility. Nothing new to say about the foam box::) V.W like the foam so much they put it in the top of each wing to get wet, make the paint bubble and rot so you have to (try) to claim on corrosion warranty.

You may have to tear down the pump motor. That's been done as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I have found the forum very helpful along with several Youtube videos from a NZ bloke, amazingly informative... I've stripped the motor, cleaned and tested it. Also checked the solenoids which all provided the same resistance reading (I assume that means they're all good rather than all being knackered) I've just ordered a replacement 40a maxi fuse then I'm going to re-test the roof so fingers crossed!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts