Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am now the owner of a 2007 EOS 2.0 FSI that's in exceptional condition. Really quite impressed.

Wait for it. Except!!! when I pull the door handles to open the doors the boot unlocks and slightly pops up. I then have to walk around and shut the boot again. This isn't too bad, but the problem occurs sometimes when I shut the door. You can imagine how it looks when I keep getting out to shut boot only for me to shut the door and the boot pops open again.

This would suggest the problem maybe caused by a faulty door handle/lock or even the mechanism that drops the window slightly when you open the car door. The issue seems to be with both sides, but appears more regular when both doors are unlocked and opened.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated. The vehicle is under a 3 month warranty and is booked in for next week. However, I would like an idea of possible problems before I speak to the garage owner.

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
If somebody listens to the boot near the VW emblem can they actually hear the motor running to unlock the boot? I just wanted to eliminate a faulty catch releasing due to vibration.

Second question, does this happen when you use only the unlock button on the key fob and do both key fobs behave the same? Presumable when you are unlocking the door with the key you are holding the fob whilst not pressing the center button, which is the boot release?

If the lock motor IS running then the issue is electronic. There are many things I can think of. First is to get the comfort feature programming checked just in case an option has been set or conflicts. If this happens on both doors that is confusing, but if mainly the driver side there may be a connection with the wiring or boot release switch. Somebody may have had the door panel off and been careless putting back connectors inside the door skin.

Another possibility is the electronic door control module may have a faulty component causing it to react to voltage spikes from other locks.

Of course, I am assuming the battery is absolutely fully charged and good! Cars that have stood on forecourts or on sales floors can get very low batteries and the short fast charge they give to allow the test drive is often insufficient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Firstly, thank you for quick response.

I have already listened to the boot and the only time the motor sounds is when you shut the boot. The motor does not operate when the boot pops opens, but you hear the latch unlock. I do not think the problem is caused by vibration as I have pulled the door handle very slowly and as soon as you feel the door latch open the boot opens too.

In response to your second point. I believe the problem is with both. The first time this problem started was when my wife operated the door switch by mistake at the fuel station. Both fobs are worn and I have been careful to just press the door unlock button. The problem is not when I activate the fob button it only occurs when the door latch used either by opening or closing.

I have not had the vehicle long enough to check out the comfort settings, so will look into this tomorrow. I agree that it is confusing because of the problem occurring randomly between the two doors.

The battery is showing fully charged. It was flat when we first looked at the vehicle. The salesman did refer to the vehicle being stationery for a couple of weeks. They did charge the vehicle overnight prior to collection and I have driven 20 miles home since. Furthermore the problem also occurs when the engine is running so I doubt charge is a problem.

I have tested numerous scenarios and have just noticed that the problem didn't happen when I just used a single blip on the fob to just unlock the drivers door. Not sure if this will be consistently the case, but as soon as I double blipped for the passenger door to unlock then the problem occurred as soon as I pulled the door handle. Weird.

Looking forward to your response and hope you can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just conducted further investigation. This problem only occurs when I have used the double blip feature to unlock both doors and once both doors have opened. I have tried to access the convenience settings to no avail. I am more resilient, but my good lady whom purchased the car was getting irate at me working on the car at 9pm. Back to it tomorrow after work then!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi keleon,

I have EXACTLY the same problem on my wife's 2008 sport, please post the "cure" if you manage to find one.

Cheers, Graham

1 - 5 of 5 Posts