Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I have a 2008 2.0 tsi can someone tell me if I have a cambelt or chain please and how often it should be changed ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
230 Posts
2008 is very close to the changeover year. What's your engine code, or show us a pic of the engine bay, or something more precise than the year and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul thanks for reply.
My engine number is BWA247402
I hope this helps.
Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Cambelt

Official recommendation is, check every 20k miles, change every 120k miles (or sooner if the check reveals it needs changing). Anything else is unofficial or an update on the original advice in the VW service schedule.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cambelt

Official recommendation is, check every 20k miles, change every 120k miles (or sooner if the check reveals it needs changing). Anything else is unofficial or an update on the original advice in the VW service schedule.
The interval can be different in different countries, in Australia it is inspect at 90,000 Km (six year service) and replace at 7 years or 105,000 Km.

Cheers

·
Registered
230 Posts
Indeed it can! The OP seems to be in the same country as me, so I was happy enough to provide the info for UK.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Indeed it can! The OP seems to be in the same country as me, so I was happy enough to provide the info for UK.

That's true but others reading your post in other countries may be misled into thinking their service interval is considerably longer than it actually is.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts