Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Cant read dipstick

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  voxmagna 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has this problem? I just got my oil changed about six months ago. Just checked my dipstick and I can't see any oil reading on it? Do all EOS have this textured dipstick in them? I know I'm not leaking oil or burning it, but no matter how much I clean it off, I can't seem to tell how much oil I have in it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2 ·
It's just a poor design like all the other VAGs. :( Do what I do, clean oil off the stick with alcohol spirit then paint the section from low to high with white correction fluid. Mine has stayed on over 4 years! I might look for some white heatshrink and see if that's thin enough for the stick to still go in.

Be careful: First check the oil level after the car has been standing then be aware that if the oil level is clean, fresh and too high or somebody else made the mistake, it may appear there is no oil but it is way above the dipstick mark and some oil needs draining or sucked out. :( You can confirm this with a short length of fence wire. Paint it white then stick it down and measure the length from the top edge of the dip tube to were you find oil. NO OIL = NO OIL! :eek: With a diesel, the oil soon gets black and levels on the stick are easier to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.