Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello expert amateurs. My drivers side inertia has lost its retraction and I’m having to feed it in like a sip with camel pilot after I reach for a sweet.

Can anyone direct me to or send to me for a nice price a replacement. My sweet whip, for it is such (cheesecake shot attached) is a VW EOS SPORT TDI 2.0 and, like yours, is an absolute rocket and I’d like to live forever.

I could look on eBay but I’d like to keep all the money in our little community as that be is has got the last mint 2015 BlueMotion and I must break him to get it or wait for the electric version which I cannot wait for, although I’ll need the engine nite recorded and available, including rumble packs.

Give me a shout, I’m in (my car) and out (driving). :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Reactions: GasLamps

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
...... But you would have to crash test it in a car with a dummy first before fitting as it comes with no certificate or guarantee of provenance. :) I can't remember if the EOS has them or not, but I would check if these have the explosive belt 'pre-tensioner' squibs built in and linked to airbags?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Looking at the wire with the yellow plug coming out of it, I would say that it does. :)

Is it too optimistic to believe that the pre-tensioner would be tested by the airbag system and would report a fault if it somehow didn't look right?

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
All things airbag wise get pretested at key on, but only for continuity of the squib firing element. Any one fault puts on the airbag fault light. If the belt and reel has been stored badly at a breakers or has come from a crashed car, who knows if it will fire when needed or if the reel ratchet will work and hold to stop you flying through the screen? It's like buying a used self inflating life jacket, there's no provenance it will all work unless it's been tested and critical parts are replaced with new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My experience with the pretensioners in my 2014 is pretty dismal. Both left and right failed over 12 months. The only source is my VW dealer since they must be shipped as hazmat. Nine months later a new one failed and was replaced under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts