Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 VW EOS 2.0T with the upgraded climate controls. The unit stopped working a few weeks ago randomly. The temperature numbers still show and you are able to adjust them. The rear defroster still works, but the FAN speed lights are not coming on at all. NO fan, I am able to turn the module on and off, but no air comes out. I have checked the fuses, and swapped out some old ones. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Please help as it is hot outside and when it rains, the windows fog up. I have noticed a few times, the unit comes on as normal and blows air, until I go over a bump, then the unit shuts off again. I have pulled out the module and the connections are good.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds boring but.......scan for codes. The fan wiring sounds like its dodgy and there's probably a code logged for it.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, boring, but still really annoying when it's really hot outside and no air comes out of the vents. I had a shop scan the codes, the only thing that shows are ALL vents, etc not responding, I'm going to try to replace the climate module. Connections look good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, my fan does not use a resister pack, I've check, nothing there, just an empty slot. I have the upgraded climate controls, which I kinda which I didn't, would be simple.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
OK they must have built the blower speed control into the module? If yours is intermittent, its harder to find but if you did find it, it should be a simple fix. You should be able to disconnect the blower motor and test that running at full speed on its own? If you have the front panels out, try moving wires and connectors with the ignition on to see if you can bring on the fault? If the blower motor is intermittent that could be brushes worn. When it's on test and running try tapping it with a small hammer. I'm not sure how much diagnostics will tell you. I know it's good for the flap motors and you can operate those through the software but on my Lowline climate control it didn't help with the resistor pack fault. But flaps aren't your problem. As you will see from my write up, the blower motor current draw is huge therefore its wiring, connectors, fuse, fuseholder and the motor itself is where I would start looking.

If they are using electronic motor speed control inside the module, there should be a pair of fairly fat high current wires going into it? Look at the connector and if you can take the lid off, check the soldering and wider tracks to any large power transistors you find with connections to the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the information, it turns out it was the control module / face with all the controls. I found a replacement part on eBay for a 2009 EOS, popped it in now works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts