Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to my problems opening the top on my newly acquired '07 Eos I had noticed the airflow from the HVAC system wasn't coming out any vents when I bought the car though the blower was on full blast and obviously working. I did the two button door reset which actually did help but now I still have an "undulating" condition where airflow is being diverted from the center vents in AC mode. My scans showed three recurring faults for door actuators but I am wondering if it is more likely the controller than three separate actuators all being bad?

I also know the roof controller talks to the Climatronic controller via the bus and since I am having trouble with the roof that might be the fault of its controller I won't spend a lot of time on the climate control system issues until the top is straightened out. Who knows, maybe the roof controller is sending weird signals to the climatronic and replacing the roof controller will solve both issues but that is probably wishful thinking. Has anyone experienced multiple failures of the actuators on the Climatronic?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
when I bought the car though the blower was on full blast and obviously working
I don't know how they do the fan motor control on the advanced climate control but on my basic version it's a high power resistor pack that burns out and the only fan speed that works is Maximum.

Not sure what you mean by door actuators, are you refering to the flaps and motors that divert air to the vents? The climate control system and flap motors are well supported in V.W diagnostics tools like vcds. I haven't used mine for AC diagniostics, but I thought I saw some test sequences to manually operate the flap motors and there are a lot of measuring blocks for the refrigeration side. Of course, if your electronic control is screwed up these tests may not work. I wouldn't even grab a screwdriver without first doing a diagnostics scan and studying the results. I came across some Passat info cobbled together and edited I've attached which is worth a read. I don't know which is more complex, the EOS roof or Climatronix! According to this manual Climatronix has its own built in diagnostics so it must be complicated. I'm glad MY07 has basic controls.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have scanned it with VCDS and it's how I know there are recurring faults with the door actuators (yes, those are the small motors which actuate the blend doors). My blower works fine on all speeds, it's just getting air from the various vents that's been the challenge. I'll have to keep hunting. The document you generously provided isn't for my model. I have the one with the dual dial controls and LCD displays. Maybe a US spec only.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
OK. I knew it was the Passat and maybe you can find the one matching your EOS and post it up? I often use this type of description for other models as 'generic' to understand how they do things. Yes, externally you have different panels, but internals and how V.W do things will have some common ground. For this model there is extensive diagnostics built in which might be more than what vcds can do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This post has some of the internal diagnostics that I know can be done:

I'll try them out and post my results in a few days for others with the same system (2C Climatronic)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts